Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My Music/TV Shows/Movies Aren't Showing Up

1343536373840»

Comments

• mjohnymjohny Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Safari not displaying "movies" library on plex web app

I recently switched from Chrome to Safari 10.0.2 when using the Plex web app version 1.3.3.3148. When I click on the "movies" library it loads the page but displays no movies. All my other libraries work, I can even search for movie titles in the search bar and they come up. I am currently just accessing the movies through Discover - Movies on Dashboard. Would love any ideas or thoughts on how to fix it. Thanks.

• DanneFrankDanneFrank Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since the latest update I keep getting 'there was an unexpected error loading this library' when I update my library everything reappears but every time I switch between tv shows and movies the same thing happens, any way to fix this? Thank you

• beelybeely Posts: 10Members ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Hi, I run two Plex servers, one on my MBP, with which I never have any problems adding media to my library, and one on an iMac, which I virtually always have hassles getting content into the library - almost all the time. (After half an hour or struggling, rescanning, rebooting etc I can usually get the content into the library, but it's always such a pain).

(And yes, I know about how to structure and name content, like I say, I have zero problems with my main server).

I just added three files into a temporary directory so I coul look at the scanner logs. All media items are scanned, and in all cases I get the following in the log for each item:

Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.301 [0x7fff78907300] DEBUG - Downloading document http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/changestamp
    Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.301 [0x7fff78907300] DEBUG - HTTP requesting GET http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/changestamp
    Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.302 [0x7fff78907300] DEBUG - HTTP 401 response from GET http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/changestamp
    Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.303 [0x7fff78907300] ERROR - downloadContainer: expected MediaContainer element, found html
    Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.303 [0x7fff78907300] ERROR - Exception inside transaction (inside=1) (../Library/Episode.cpp:187): Unable to allocate a changestamp from the server
    Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.303 [0x7fff78907300] ERROR - Exception inside transaction (inside=1) (../Library/MetadataItem.cpp:2796): Unable to allocate a changestamp from the server
    Apr 26, 2017 15:24:01.303 [0x7fff78907300] ERROR - Exception assimilating media item in : Unable to allocate a changestamp from the server
    A

This changestamp thing seems to never work, and thus the scanner crashes, and the media items never get added into the iMac server, despite being able to be added to my other server without problems. Any clues as to what's going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Oh well, was hoping someone might have some suggestions, but I guess I'll just have to strip everything down, uninstall, erase, clean, re-install from scratch and reimport everything and see whether or not it resolves itself on its own.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,866Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@beely said:
    Oh well, was hoping someone might have some suggestions, but I guess I'll just have to strip everything down, uninstall, erase, clean, re-install from scratch and reimport everything and see whether or not it resolves itself on its own.

Are these two completely separate installs, ie: nothing being shared between the two?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

Plex Dance

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

@kegobeer-plex said:
    Are these two completely separate installs, ie: nothing being shared between the two?

Yes, completely different installs, on different machines, with different library content and their own media drives/folders.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,866Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@beely said:
    Yes, completely different installs, on different machines, with different library content and their own media drives/folders.

Same OS on both computers?

Where are my log files?

Plex Dance

Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

@kegobeer-plex said:
    Same OS on both computers?

The MBP is 10.11 El Cap, the iMac is currently 10.10 Yosemite.

But when I had 10.10 on my MBP, I also had no problems with Plex then either.
    But it is one more variable, of course...

Where are my log files?

Plex Dance

Thanks, yes I had seen most of those posts in my search to track down what's going on - they are having the same problem, but no real solutions to it or idea what was going on.

I will just do a clean install and hope it starts working again, I think...

Just a follow up for this - I completely cleaned out everything, uninstalled, removed all the appsupport stuff (and lost all my view counts etc just to be sure), reinstalled clean, re-added my media, and all seems to be good, Plex is seeing and adding new items added to the library as it should.

I may have tried to keep my library data rather than trashing it, as whatever was causing the issue was somewhere, but I choose to start clean so I could be sure.

So if anyone else has a similar issue, at least a clean reinstall will likely fix it.

• naturezmoonnaturezmoon Posts: 2Members

Tv shows are showing up just fine on my Plex server, but none of my movies are showing up. Reinstalling didn't help. All files have proper naming. I'm at a loss...

• naturezmoonnaturezmoon Posts: 2Members

Also copying to a different folder didn't help. Neither did moving the folder to a different pathway.

• couzin2000couzin2000 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I'm a bit of a case here.
    I've named all my files in the past using MP3TAG while using Windows. Now that I'm on macOS, I've been using MetaZ to integrate metadata for most of my TV Shows, Movies and any other recorded media such as music videos, concerts, documentaries, comedy shows and the likes. EVERY single video file is of .m4v format done with Handbrake. Every music file is .mp3.
    The problem:
    -Most Movies show up, expect for certain movies that happen to be in a separate folder (checked the naming scheme, no exclusions or permissions involved)... only thing I can see is that the filenames are all CAPS.
    -I have a 125 movie strong folder containing animation videos... all are .m4v, all are named appropriately (but have the year of its coming out as the first characters in the filename, if that's anything)... and only 8 show up not sure why.
    -Some files may have additional embedded info such as Album names in a movie tag... the original reason for this was the weird tag scheming for Apple TV... and all this may not have been corrected.

WOULD ANY of this affect the ability of Plex to detect or even exclude certain files from going into the list?
    Don't have any way of forcing these files in, short of re-generating the tag info with another app like MetaZ... which seems to have given me detectable movies so far.

I'd like to post the log contents but the logs DO NOT show up in my logs folder. Any way to force it?