If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Hiding menu items

Hi,

Is there a way to hide unused menu items? In my case Channels and Playlists? Channels are empty and don't appear in Plex for Windows, but for some reason it does in Plex for Samsung. If I login to my account I get another two menus which I don't need - 'Recommended' and 'Watch Later', so 4 useless menus in total. :(

Best Answer

Answers

• nickstakenburgnickstakenburg Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2015

I'd love that option, being able to order menu items would also be nice.

Another thing I'd love to see is the ability to disable transitions on just the menu while keeping transitions on the backgrounds enabled. I always liked the more snappy menu without transitions, but disabling transitions makes background changes too jarring. If the menu worked more like Plex Home Theater and didn't change font sizes as the menu scrolls there probably wouldn't be a need for that option.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,379Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Channels not hiding was a bug, will be fixed in next update.
    The online section will remain for now, because I don't want to make any changes at this point.

The transition animation switch can not be used for single items, it's all on or all off.
    It's only there for bluray players and devices that lack the CPU power.
    I'm not going to make everything configurable. The app is complex enough as is.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• nickstakenburgnickstakenburg Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Orca No need for more options. Perhaps you can you make the animation more like Plex Home Theater? It doesn't animate font size/position while scrolling and instantly adds a second line beneath an item when selected. That would feel less jerky and be much easier on the eyes.

• ernisjernisj Posts: 55Members ✭✭

Thank you Orca for an amazing app, only recently installed version 2 and wow! :)

Regarding menu items, good to hear that Channels menu is fixed, what would be also nice is that user created library items ordered/grouped together. For example I've Movies/TV Shows/Videos and currently they all separated by other menu items because of alphabetical sort order.
    I know you can't make everybody happy, by maybe others would like to see their own library items ordered together as well? Of course this would be not an issue if Playlists/Watch Later/Recommended would be hideable by some option in preferences.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,379Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

You should take a look under the advanced preferences. There is a option to sort the menu alphabetically, or by type. That last one groups the menu like you suggested.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

Awesome, shame on me missing it! :)

Hopefully one day you have time and decide to implement another option to hide Playlists/Watch Later/Recommended items as well - doesn't even need to be separate options, just one to hide all would be good enough. I imagine I'm not the only one who doesn't need/use those at all.

• SambaDromeSambaDrome Posts: 1,730Members ✭✭✭

@ernisj said:
    Awesome, shame on me missing it! :)

Hopefully one day you have time and decide to implement another option to hide Playlists/Watch Later/Recommended items as well - doesn't even need to be separate options, just one to hide all would be good enough. I imagine I'm not the only one who doesn't need/use those at all.

Though I don't really use watch later or recommended...I imagine many others use at least one of them.. However playlists are a different matter. I imagine you are one of a VERY tiny majority who doesn't use playlists at least for music if nothing else...
    Just saying. :)>-

CouchPotato, Sonarr, PMP, PlexPy, Plex Requests & Harmony Remote... The ultimate media heaven combo.

edited July 2015

@davehobson said:
    Just saying. :)>-

You're probably right :) I don't use Playlists as I don't play music through my TV, but others might.
    I can live with those options on, but would be really nice if it was like in XBMC where you can remove them if you want.

As I understand Orca is developing Plex for Samsung by himself, so probably asking too much here :)

• brocktopusbrocktopus Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Bump to this old request. I, too, would love to be able to hide unused menu items!

You already can do this. For standard items, use the app's Preferences > Menu page.
    For user libraries, use the PMS: Library > Edit > Advanced > Include in dashboard option.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• brocktopusbrocktopus Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Huh... When did that get added in? The last time I checked it wasn't an option. Oh well. My bad. Thank-you for implementing this feature and pointing it out to me! :)