Release: Sub-Zero 126.96.36.1995 - Subtitles done right.
Sub-Zero - Subtitles done right
Current version: 188.8.131.525
Questions? Have a look at the wiki first
As the direction of this project has moved a long way, I thought it was time to evolve from simply being a personal fork of Subliminal.bundle to something more dedicated.
Sub-Zero aims to solve your subtitle problems by automatically downloading the hopefully best subtitles there are, for your individual video file.
Subtitles are a problem? Yep, they definitely are. I myself use this plugin on a daily basis as my wife has a serious hearing condition where subtitles help us to be able to watch our favourite TV series and movies together. Subtitles pose a generic struggle: matching your media file perfectly. This is as hard as it gets. Thankfully there are a bunch of libraries and services out there, that help with that.
Sub-Zero is far from being perfect, but with recent development and planned features, we're really getting there.
Its core is based on the works of Diaoul, who created the subliminal library, as well as enzyme, to parse MKV metadata. In addition to that Sub-Zero uses the extremely well-made guessit library made by wackou.
It currently supports the following subtitle providers:
- Addic7ed (TV)
- opensubtitles (TV, movies)
- Podnapisi (TV, movies)
- TVsubtitles.net (TV)
- The SubDB (TV, movies)
- Legendas TV (pt-BR)
- Napi Projekt (pl)
- Shooter (cn)
- SubsCenter (heb)
- Sub-Zero now is listed in the official Plex Channel Directory. You can install it from there.
Stable (when in doubt, use this one)
Current version: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/releases/latest
Legacy versions: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/releases
Release candidate: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/archive/master.zip
Bleeding edge (development): https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/archive/develop-2.1.zip
- go to
Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/
- remove old versions (
rm -r Sub-Zero.bundle)
- get the current version from here
- unpack it
- restart your plex media server!
- go to
Settings -> Server -> Agents -> Movies/TV Shows
- select the metadata provider you use on your library, e.g.: Freebase (movies) or TheTVDB (series)
Sub-Zero Subtitles (TV/Movies)
- configure them
- refresh your library (or individual movies/TV shows)
Use the following agent order:
Sub-Zero Subtitles (TV/Movies)
Local Media Assets (TV/Movies)
- anything else
Attention: If you don't include the source/format (HDTV, BluRay, etc.) in your TV media file names, lower the minimum TV score to 330, otherwise you get no subtitles!
Attention Windows users: Everyone with PMS on Windows with a Windows username with special characters: Sub-Zero won't run for you unless you change your PMS metadata folder location to something without special characters in it.
Nice new shiny wiki
- core: update memory handling, possibly reduce memory problems of 2.0
- core: support for MPL2 subtitle format
- core: update task handling
- core: re-enable NVIDIA SHIELD support by fixing rarfile behaviour
- core: add SZ_UNRAR_TOOL environment variable for custom unrar location
- core: disable SZ when no providers are enabled
- core: only start activity monitor if channel or agent are enabled
- core: improve custom provider integration
- core: update eastern european encoding detection (especially Romanian)
- tasks: reduce provider stress by introducing wait times between searches/downloads
- windows: correctly ship UnRAR.exe
- windows: skip DBM checks
- addic7ed: fix Nip/Tuck
- subscenter: use new domain
- legendastv: ship unrar.exe for Windows users (fixes unrar issues)
- addic7ed: fix TooManyRequests error
- submod: OCR fixes NL: add custom dictionary data for malformed characters
- submod: OCR fixes: update hrv/NL dictionaries
- submod: common: remove spaces before punctuation
- podnapisi: now returns more subtitles again
ATTENTION: Sub-Zero is still broken on PMS for SHIELD. Help needed!
Big thanks to the beta testing team! You know who you are!