If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Loading spinning circle while playing flawlessly

therion3therion3 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi!

Sorry, I am no native speaker and not very used to forum use... Please tell me if I am doing wrong or if I am not clear/understandable :-)

I have PMS running on my local network on a synology DS1815+.
My computers and my syno are connected with ethernet cables on a Trendnet TEG-S80g Switch 8 ports Gigabit GREEN.
PMS is updated to the last version available through DSM (synology's diskstation manager).
My computers are running Windows 7 or 8, with latest updates installed.

Strangely, when I play some videos (even low def videos) I get every minute or so an orange spinning circle, the same we have when loading a movie. What is really strange is that the video plays flawlessly, without stuttering or anything. Just the orange spinning circle.

I generally play my videos through firefox but tried chrome and opera with the same problem.

Is it a common problem, and is there a solution?

Thanks for any help,

Answers

• therion3therion3 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh my...
    I just saw that this part of the forum was dedicated to windows SERVER...

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    I try to delete my comment but do not find any way to do so ... :-/

An example of one video played giving that problem :

Média

Video Resolution SD
    Durée 21:07
    Bitrate 1149 kbps
    Width 624
    Height 352
    Aspect Ratio 1.78
    Container AVI
    Video Frame Rate 24p

Partie

File Rules Of Engagement 3x05 VostFr.avi
    Size 173.63 MB
    Container AVI

Codec MPEG4
    Bitrate 1010 kbps
    Anamorphic 1
    Bit Depth 8
    Chroma Subsampling 4:2:0
    Color Space yuv
    Frame Rate 23.976 fps
    Gmc 0
    Height 352
    Level 0.5

Codec MPEG4
    Bitrate 1010 kbps
    Anamorphic 1
    Bit Depth 8
    Chroma Subsampling 4:2:0
    Color Space yuv
    Frame Rate 23.976 fps
    Gmc 0
    Height 352
    Level 0.5
    Pixel Aspect Ratio 180224:180219
    Profile asp
    Qpel 0
    Scan Type progressive
    Width 624

Codec MP3
    Chaînes Stéréo
    Bitrate 122 kbps
    Audio Channel Layout stereo
    Bitrate Mode VBR
    Sampling Rate 48000 Hz
    Stream Identifier 1

I am currently reading the post below of another DS1815+ user which is very interesting.

As you can see the video itself is rather light...

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,408Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

whilst waiting - suggest you get a debug Plex Media Server.log for the time this happens

So enable Debug logging on the server and Restart the server
    Wait a couple of minutes
    Start streaming the above media file
    note down the exact time (server time) the spinning wheel appears
    Find the Plex Media Server.log and attach it here using the Attach image / file button

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 9,815Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@therion3 said:
    Hi!

Sorry, I am no native speaker and not very used to forum use... Please tell me if I am doing wrong or if I am not clear/understandable :-)

I have PMS running on my local network on a synology DS1815+.
    My computers and my syno are connected with ethernet cables on a Trendnet TEG-S80g Switch 8 ports Gigabit GREEN.
    PMS is updated to the last version available through DSM (synology's diskstation manager).
    My computers are running Windows 7 or 8, with latest updates installed.

Strangely, when I play some videos (even low def videos) I get every minute or so an orange spinning circle, the same we have when loading a movie. What is really strange is that the video plays flawlessly, without stuttering or anything. Just the orange spinning circle.

I generally play my videos through firefox but tried chrome and opera with the same problem.

Is it a common problem, and is there a solution?

Thanks for any help,

Firstly, you should go to the Plex website and download the latest version of Plex v0.9.12.19 from there, The Synology Package Center is always a few versions behind. See The FAQ's page for installation instructions, link in my signature.

The media info you provided is a little conflicting, at the beginning it states that the video is 24p (24 frames per second) but further down it reports as 23.976 fps. That would indicate that the file is not properly formatted.

Personally, I would re-encode that file to MP4 H.264/AAC or AVC/AAC. I recommend using Video To Video (PC) or Handbrake (PC/Mac), both are free and both do a good job of re-encoding video.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks