Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex review at afterdawn.com

tetrakistetrakis Posts: 106Members
My appologies if someone already posted this, but there's a rather exhaustive review of Plex over at afterdawn.com. It seems pretty fair and reasonable. link

Comments

• cylkecylke Posts: 886Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Good Stuff!
  • iordoneziordonez Mayor of Plexville Posts: 2,293Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    That is quite the long review! Too bad they couldn't wait a week to get the new features we're dropping in .7
  • Keane16Keane16 Posts: 253Members ✭✭
    Isaac Ordonez wrote on Nov 11 2008, 12:50 AM:
    That is quite the long review! Too bad they couldn't wait a week to get the new features we're dropping in .7

Hopefully it drives a few people to the site, they read the blog, leading them to stick around for the 0.7 series. :)

We can hope! The more the merrier.
  • jag0jag0 Posts: 38Members
    The problem is the link on the main page is still to 0.522 i.e. the OLD version...... so for those too lazy to click around the site they'll find the old version and think thats the latest release,
  • cylkecylke Posts: 886Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Well I think that is intentional. The devs are prepping Plex/Six to replace Plex/Five so it will be the new stable series. Plex/Seven is going to remain the development branch (hemorrhaging edge as Elan puts it). I agree they need to make the Plex/Seven easy to find but I doubt if you ever see it on the home page.
  • jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,293Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    jag0 wrote on Nov 20 2008, 08:12 PM:
    The problem is the link on the main page is still to 0.522 i.e. the OLD version...... so for those too lazy to click around the site they'll find the old version and think thats the latest release,

0.5.22 isn't really the "old" version, more like the "stable" version. It makes sense that people first landing on the site should be linked to the stable release so they don't get a bad first impression. 0.5.22 will soon become 0.6, giving us two series.

0.7.* will be the development/unstable series, where the latest features and changes will first appear, but you can expect some bugs occasionally. 0.6.* will be the stable series, getting only bugfixes & features from 0.7 once they're stable.