Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

List of working Video Plugins in Plex?

maupimaupi Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass
edited November 2008 in Unsupported Versions
Which plugins are confirmed to work?
Hi All,

I am relatively new to Plex and really love it so far.
I installed it on my MacMini and it is soooo much better then Front-Row!

Allthough I have been trying to install some plugins, none of them seem to be working on Plex. I guess they are all build for xBox or something...

Does anyone have a list of confirmed Plex plugins? Audio or Video or anything? The only ones I got working now are the iTunes and iPhoto plugin. None of the streaming plugins seems to work on my machine...

Anyone have the same problems? It would be great to have a list of working plugins for mac-users, wouldn't it?

Thanx in advance...

Comments

• Keane16Keane16 Posts: 253Members ✭✭
    Hi,

Make sure you put the video plugins in

~/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video/

I use the BBC iPlayer and ITV Catchup video plugins fine.

Most plugins that work for XBMC should work for Plex.
  • davebezdavebez Posts: 7Members
    Keane16 wrote on Nov 14 2008, 01:04 PM:
    Hi,

Make sure you put the video plugins in

~/Library/Application Support/Plex/plugins/video/

I use the BBC iPlayer and ITV Catchup video plugins fine.

Most plugins that work for XBMC should work for Plex.

How did you get your ITV catchup to work? all im getting is REDIRECTURL.ASPX displaying?

thanks
  • neonbibleneonbible Posts: 51Members
    Where do I get the ITV plugin?
  • VandalVandal Posts: 26Members
    I tried to use XBMC's youtube channels plugin in Plex, but it does not seem to work - don't the XBMC plugins work on Plex at all?
  • jayman978jayman978 Posts: 4,467Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Vandal wrote on 12 November 2009 - 08:59 PM:

I tried to use XBMC's youtube channels plugin in Plex, but it does not seem to work - don't the XBMC plugins work on Plex at all?

As far as I know, XBMC plugins are different than Plex plugins. I do not think they are compatible.
  • jayman978jayman978 Posts: 4,467Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    There is an alternative in Plex though that will allow you to generate a plugin from a youtube feed. Check it out here: http://dev.plexapp.com/tools/plugin_kickstart/
  • jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,292Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    Jay's right - Plex's new plug-in system was created from the ground up for Plex, and is incompatible with XBMC. Most XBMC plugins will still work in Plex, as the old plugin code still exists within the application. Any plugins that use newer features of the XBMC API, like the language functions, won't work. Support for XBMC plugins won't be staying around forever though - once Plex's plug-in system is slightly more mature we'll be dropping the legacy code (since, as I'm sure you can appreciate, maintaining and supporting two completely different APIs would be pretty pointless).
  • bbfan23bbfan23 Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    jayman978 wrote on 13 November 2009 - 01:03 PM:

There is an alternative in Plex though that will allow you to generate a plugin from a youtube feed. Check it out here: http://dev.plexapp.com/tools/plugin_kickstart/

This is exactly what I was looking for but once I generated the bundle and loaded it in Plex when I try to play a video I get an Error- Could not read input stream (or something similar). I tried it both ways and get same error. Bummer.