If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The idle timeout for plex chromecast is *way* too short

gordallottgordallott Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Honestly I'm not 100% on if this is something plex is in control of but the timeout for disconnecting the chrome app is really annoying. pause to answer the phone and you'll likely be disconnected by the time you are done, want a cup of tea? better get used to it disconnecting whilst you brew. it is really very very annoying.

indeed it has just disconnected on me as i type this, can't of been more than 3-4 minutes since i connected

Tagged:

Answers

• AsphyxNYCAsphyxNYC Posts: 1,347Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I do believe that is a Google thing not a Plex thing...
    They are concerned that idle apps will cause burn in on some screens (almost ridiculous in this day and age) and so they set a very short idle time before the receiver is unloaded and the default screen appears.

Only way to stop it is to unpause and re-pause to reset the clock.

• jaredwadsjaredwads Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I know I'm late to the game here, but this is definitely a plex thing. google leaves this type of thing to the developers, and Plex implemented a 5 min idle timeout (presumably so that people don't accidentally burn images into their screens). The guys at plex do some amazing things, I just wish this was a setting that we could change ourselves.

• LPanicLPanic Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem here. will there ever be a feature, that allows plex users to change the timeout settings?

• eisenbeisz@gmail.comeisenbeisz@gmail.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ditto !!!!!