Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Has anyone got PLEX remote play/access working in Mainland China?

terryappsterryapps Posts: 1Members

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and after a brief search I couldn't find a solution to my PLEX problem.

I have plex server installed on a Windows 10 laptop supplying several android devices on my home network with no issues. However, when I try to set-up remote access I get a message saying that I'm signed into my PLEX account but cannot access outside my home network. I have a Tomato Shibby v1.28 wireless router with uPNP and NAT-PMP both enabled. I have followed all of the instructions that I can find about setting up remote access but to no avail. Has anyone got their system working in China or have some suggestions for how I can get my system up and running I would be very appreciative.

Answers

• Madav8rMadav8r Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Exact same issue......wish I could offer some advice.

Accessing from inside my Shanghai apartment home net.....no problem
    Turn off wifi on my iPhone and try to access via China mobile 4g....no connection
    Coffee shop wifi or subway in Shanghai.....no connection
    Now sitting in the airport in Tokyo, I can access my PMS.
    Didn't change a thing.

• SichengSicheng Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey, it's almost March, 2017, and still has huge difficulty in connection with Plex server in Mainland of China.
    Connection seems to be unsteady undue to Chinese firewall blockage of traffic ouutbound oversea.
    and I foud out that setup a vpn server or shadowsocks within same LAN of Plex server could reslove this issue.