If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Feature Request/Bug] Include full filters for music track view

fmstratfmstrat Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It seems that when in "Tracks" view, you cannot filter on certain items like Genre. There are many types of albums such as Mixes, Soundtracks, etc that have tracks with multiple genres.

This also causes an issue/bug with synchronization. Since genre is interpreted on an album level, filtering by genre in album view and then synchronizing the results ends up synchronizing all content on all albums where the first song added matches that genre.

This request is to standardize music metadata filtering the same way all other music players function, which is by interpreting the metadata at a track level.

Thanks!

Comments

• Ravi5PatelRavi5Patel Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for this -- should also be able to filter by year in "Tracks view"

• mjs6161970mjs6161970 Posts: 1Members

Is there a solution for this? I still have to use Itunes cause I can't make music playlists. This is the most ANNOYING BUG I have ever seen! I want to make playlists based on Genre but I don't want all the slow songs by the same artists! PLEASE FIX!

• blac0177blac0177 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still no update on when track-based filtering (mainly for genre) will be added? This problem is getting worse every day, as more and more music is singles, compilations, etc that doesn't follow a strict single genre artist -> album -> song hierarchy

• ashenkinashenkin Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1. Trying to create a Christmas playlist, and while it gets the albums, I have a bunch of tracks that are tagged with "christmas" whose albums are not. A further question is, how does plex determine "album" tags? There is no such thing as an "album", really, just tracks that have ID3 tags. Does plex assign tags to albums if all tracks have those tags? Or a majority? It doesn't seem to do it if one track, say, has a tag, but the other's don't. A little transparency here would be nice and appropriate...