If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Record Label" I need to know which id3 tag belongs to it?

mkaandmkaand Posts: 35Members ✭✭

Hello,

I started to organize my album archive with PLEX. I have lots of Ministry Of Sound albums. I want to fill Record Label field on PLEX. But I couldn't find which id3 tag is responsible for this? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,309Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There is a meta tag for the Record Label: Publisher / TPUB
    But Plex is currently not reading/importing it.

Tip: you should bring your metatags and filenames / folder structure of your files in order before adding them into Plex. All edits you make within Plex are not written back into your files. So if you lose your plex database, all your edits would be lost.

Think:
    Mediamonkey
    mp3tag
    Musicbrainz Picard

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • doverrogdoverrog Posts: 164Members ✭✭

Interesting as I was also trying to complete this data.
    Does the Genre data I've asked about in General Discussions (A suggestion for Playlists imported from iTunes), also need a special metadata input?
    I've got some playlists to import from iTunes but others come up empty in spite of all my efforts at a work around.
    Strange Plex "sees" the playlist exists and imports the name but doesn't import the tracks.

2015 Samsung LED UE32J5500AK