Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sonos App - Plex without remote access

plexcabbplexcabb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 87 Plex Pass

Is it possible to play Plex media off Sonos app without the remote access?

I would like to play the media from within my home and I prefer not to enable the remote access for this.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• plexcabbplexcabb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 87 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Guess it won't happen?

Answers

• FletchesusFletchesus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass

I would also be interested in this. Thanks

• fysmdfysmd Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

I've been looking into a (network related) issue I have with Sonos able to browse my Plex music library and can see that Sonos put their own servers in-line with media for Plex (exactly as they do with most other sources, I guess NAS and media from your phone/tablet etc are exceptions).

• fjmcconnellfjmcconnell Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I also would like to be able to play media on my Sonos without remote access as I have to use Xplornet which doesn't support inbound access at my cottage.

Thanks

• siorpaes@protonmail.comsiorpaes@protonmail.com Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

For safety reasons I also do not want to enable remote access, but I do want to watch movies at home on Plex with audio output from the Sonos

• damtordamtor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 39 Plex Pass

I'm another use who does not want to enable remote access. I have a new Sonos 5.1 system, and a Roku
    connected to my TV. I can use the Roku app to connect to my music library and play music through the
    Sonos system. Apparently I can't do that with the Sonos/Plex app: it requires remote access be enabled.
    I only want to play my music in my own home on my own LAN. I wish the Sonos/Plex app allowed me to
    do that. It's a show stopper for me.

• plexcabbplexcabb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 87 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Guess it won't happen?