Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Icefilms (broken)

HerbertHerbert Posts: 2Members
edited March 28 in Plex Channels

Dear all,

I could not find any information on that. Is there a plugin for Icefilms and Plex?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This channel has been dead for a long time. Closing this thread. If a new author or a new version appears, please create a new [REL] post. Thanks!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comments

• mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    I haven't heard of a plugin for that site. The place to look would be the unsupported plugins page on the wiki ... http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Unsupported_plugins
    I highly doubt an official version would get approved for Plex Online.
  • HerbertHerbert Posts: 2Members
    There's a really cool plugin/addon for XBMC to integrate Icefilms. So I hoped to find something similiar, but nothing. Can scripts from XBMC be executed on Plex?
  • buggerbugger Posts: 176Members
    Would love this! Any takers?
  • himymhimym Posts: 20Members ✭✭
    edited March 28
    Herbert wrote:

There's a really cool plugin/addon for XBMC to integrate Icefilms. So I hoped to find something similiar, but nothing. Can scripts from XBMC be executed on Plex?

I haven't used the xbmc plugin but the screen shots look awesome. Attached is a much simpler plugin that has basic functionality. Amongst the limitations :

- only tv
    - no captcha support
    - no search
    - the first time you enter tv may timeout, try again
    - streaming takes a while to start, remember you need to wait 45 seconds
    - poor error handling (megauploads is a finicky master)

Edit: removed broken attachment
  • peterflahertypeterflaherty Posts: 58Members
    great stuff himym. Cant wait for movies & search ( ihope your build them :unsure: ). I almost went over to XMBC just to use the icefilms plugin. So thanks so much for writing this for plex. Just one problem, I cant seem to get it to open the stream, it always give a error 'could not determine input format' message. Any ideas?
    peteF wrote:

great stuff himym. Cant wait for movies & search ( ihope your build them :unsure: ). I almost went over to XMBC just to use the icefilms plugin. So thanks so much for writing this for plex. Just one problem, I cant seem to get it to open the stream, it always give a error 'could not determine input format' message. Any ideas?

What client , server and show are you using? I use the Android client with a Windows server.
    Can you try the first episode of how I met your mother or hawaii five 0 as they are the only shows I have tried it with.
    The video takes a good while (~110 seconds) to show up so be sure to give it time. Hopefully there is something I can do about improving that but for now give it time.
  • stineystiney Posts: 21Members
    I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for making it!!

Stiney
    Himym I'm using a Mac mini as a client server. I tried Hawaii five o but still no luck :( I get the error message way before 110 secs I'd say about after 30 secs. Would my log help? Would love to get this to work. Been waiting for so long for someone to make it! Thanks!!!
    peteF wrote:

Himym I'm using a Mac mini as a client server. I tried Hawaii five o but still no luck :( I get the error message way before 110 secs I'd say about after 30 secs. Would my log help? Would love to get this to work. Been waiting for so long for someone to make it! Thanks!!!

I think it is related to the Mac server timing out more aggressively than the Windows one. At least that is all I can get from the logs on my Macbook.

ERROR - Something is weird, no good response, we're aborting.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a Plex noob so I'm not sure what can be done. I have posted on the dev boards about some possibly related strange behaviour on Windows but I have not received any replies.
    edited March 28
    peteF wrote:

There were two problems. The attached bundle fixes the one in the plugin. When you select the episode you now have to wait 45 seconds and then select again.

The second problem is a bug in Plex. If you want to use the Mac client you need to install 0.9.1.7. For some reason the Android client doesn't work with this so you should stick with the current release for Android clients. I know the change that broke Mac so maybe I can convince the powers that be to revert it.

• boomchaboomcha Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Couldn't get it to work yet. Mind you I haven't installed their version of the DivX player. I have to do this don't I?
    boomcha wrote:

Couldn't get it to work yet. Mind you I haven't installed their version of the DivX player. I have to do this don't I?

At what stage does it break? You shouldn't need to install the DivX player to use the Plex plugin.
  • boomchaboomcha Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thanks.

I choose the show I want to watch, then I it says "show name - wait 45 secs" I wait 45 secs, I press it and then it seems to be opening the stream but says invalid media format.I'm not in front of that computer right now but that is the gist.

himym wrote:

At what stage does it break? You shouldn't need to install the DivX player to use the Plex plugin.
    I have a little bit different problem. I select the show and it takes me to a blank plex screen. Nothing that says I need to wait 45sec. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
    edited March 28
    stiney wrote:

I have a little bit different problem. I select the show and it takes me to a blank plex screen. Nothing that says I need to wait 45sec. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

Icefilms get a bit finicky when you make too many requests. Quite a lot of requests get made the first time you load the show list (the info is cached so it is a once off hit). Can you try again?

Icefilms have put a new layer of obfuscation around the megaupload links in order to stop bots finding the links. Not sure if this is aimed at stopping the links getting taking down or ensuring their adverts get view. A new version to work around it attached. As before you need version of 0.9.1.7 Plex for the Mac client or the latest version of Plex for other clients.

hi himym,
    im still getting 'error-could not determine input format'. after about 5 seconds :-( any ideas?
    edited March 28
    peteF wrote:

hi himym,
    im still getting 'error-could not determine input format'. after about 5 seconds :-( any ideas?

For some reason the version I uploaded last night isn't working anymore even though it was yesterday.
    Can you try this version. Remember you need version 0.9.1.7 if you want to use the Mac client and captcha is not supported so not all shows are supported. Try How I Met Your Mother or American Dad or Hawaii 5-0.

Sorry...I am using the latest version of Plex on my Mac mini. I will downgrade to .9.1.7 the next time I get a chance and report back.

Thanks
  • r27r27 Posts: 32Members ✭✭
    Doesn't work for me :(
    edited March 28
    Rauf wrote:

Doesn't work for me :(

IceFilms have updated again. Seems like they are in a constant battle with someone (xbmc?).
    I have updated the plugin again. The last time for now. If they update again I will probably just leave it for a bit to let it settle down.

Has it worked for anyone ever? The thread could do with some positive results on it :)

This discussion has been closed.