If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Server ARM package for Debian/Ubuntu Linux

tproencatproenca Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I've a ODROID C1 running PMS on a Ubuntu Linux. So far, I've been using the dev2day APT repository to get install/update the PMS .deb packages. However, dev2day is outdated and I'm not sure if there is anyone maintaining the repo anymore.

So, I decided to create an automated way to generate the .deb packages from the Plex Media Server Synology package. The ideia is to have a new .deb package as soon as Plex release their binaries.

If you guys have a NAS or any other ARM based computer running PMS, you might want to check this out.

The project page has instructions and a link to Github source code.

Project Page: https://tproenca.github.io/pmsarm7

-- Tiago

Comments

• BrrewBrrew Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sweet, I'll give it a try.

• LukeHroLukeHro Posts: 1Members

Will there be an armel version?
    I get:
    W: Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/tproenca/pmsarm7/dists/jessie/main/binary-armel/Packages 404 Not Found
    Thanks,
    Luke

• bitbytarebitbytare Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unfortunately, this also seems outdated...
    2017-08-10
    Ver. 1.7.5.4035
    Anyone who knows if/where you can get a newer armhf?

• ivanobomivanobom Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. I have an Odroid XU4 and when accessing Web interface, it shows that there is a new version available. However the link provided is for "armel" arch and my system is "armhf"

dpkg: error processing archive /root/plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_armel.deb (--install):
     package architecture (armel) does not match system (armhf)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /root/plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_armel.deb

Where can I get the newest version for armhf arch?

• bitbytarebitbytare Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here is 1.8.0.4109 armhf

• vermillion57@gmail.comvermillion57@gmail.com Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 13

@ivanobom said:
    Same here. I have an Odroid XU4 and when accessing Web interface, it shows that there is a new version available. However the link provided is for "armel" arch and my system is "armhf"

dpkg: error processing archive /root/plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_armel.deb (--install):
     package architecture (armel) does not match system (armhf)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /root/plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_armel.deb

Where can I get the newest version for armhf arch?

Do you still have this package version (1.8.1 or newer) and can send it to me? That would be really nice as i have an ARMEL distribution of Debian ongoing and want to install PMS on it but can't get any newer release of it.

Thanks in advance.