If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Search Categories

videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 317Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anyone know why RasPlex doesn't search categories and collections, etc? Is it any known way to enable this feature?

Tagged:

Answers

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@videotecaCNSU said:
    Does anyone know why RasPlex doesn't search categories and collections, etc? Is it any known way to enable this feature?

Do you mean why doesn't the search allow for limited results by category and collection tag? Or are you talking about sorting them?

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 317Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I mean searching for all films with an actor, genre or an entire collection (lets say, james bond) and get a list of all the bond films.

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's a good question. Not sure how their search API returns results, but if it's available on the other clients (collections does not seem to be supported at all), I would think it could be available here. Are you looking at the 1.7 beta? If it's not there, we should file a request on github for it.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 317Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Im testing 1.6.2.123

From what I can tell it just checks inside the titles

You can search in this way on the web app and android client which it´s great if you are building a categorized video library. But from what I can tell clients like the windows phone app and opera tv doesn´t have it