Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Web based Client?

griffwillgriffwill Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass
Just an Idea.
So I don't know if the idea has been thought, of or the complexities of doing this, but would it in any way be possible to have the PMS serve a web client that would be accessed via URL with username/password authentication? So after everything is set up properly, you could access this on a local network, but I would personally use this for quick external access. Say, on a computer that is either unable to have the plex client on it, or just quick access to the library. Obviously, the features would be limited, but I don't see it being completely out of the realm of possibility. Technically, I have no idea how this would work. Maybe over HTML 5 and utilizing the transcoding that is used for the mobile apps to adjust for connection speed. I did a quick mockup of what this might look like visually. Again, just an idea.

Screen shot 2011-03-16 at 11.48.40 PM copy.jpg

Comments