If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Vizio Smart TV random stream slowdown

Over the last few weeks I've been getting infrequent streaming problems between my media server and Vizio M422i-b1 smart tv. The stream will be playing just fine for a good length of time and then start buffering. Changing the stream speed to the lowest setting doesn't seem to change anything.

I use a dedicated desktop PC (Win10, i7 3.4Ghz, 8GB RAM) directly wired through a gigabit router, directly wired to the Vizio TV. With this combination I have not had any issues for over a year.

I'm not sure about these terms, but I suspect this slow down happens during either a plex transcode, or when OTA recordings are finished and the PC is processing the files over to a correct format.

For example, I was watching a stream last night and soon after 10pm the stream started pausing/buffering. I had recorded 3 OTA shows that all ended at 10pm, so I'm thinking that the processing power is insufficient for preparing 3 shows for the plex media server and transcoding at the same time. But I've been using this system this same way for a long time without issues.

I am now on the latest Plex Media Server, and there have been two recent updates in the last few weeks after which this streaming issue started happening.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Best Answer

• joelshortjoelshort Posts: 94Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

withdrawn......

Answers

• joelshortjoelshort Posts: 94Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

withdrawn......