Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PDF viewer

psimonispsimonis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Hi Guys,
I have a collection of training material in both video format and PDF format and the video formats work great on ALL platforms, but you still don't have any support for PDF which is the worlds most used reader platform. Any idea if and when Plex might provide that support?

Comments

• BazmaxBazmax Members Posts: 2

I'm with you; and probably hundreds of others.

• psimonispsimonis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

How do we get Plex programmers to respond?

• lslarylslary Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Right now there are library types of Movies, TV, Music, we need an additional library type for "documents". One of the issues with doing this is the lack of a central database for Documents. There is no movie database or tv database that covers documents. The PDF files would have to be treated as "private" files. The additional issue here is that the PDF's in combination with the movie or MP3 and MP4 files would be in the same directories. This would mean that Plex would have to accept the fact that there are two types of files in one library, or you would have to define multiple libraries to look at one physical directory on your system. I am in favor of Plex support for PDF or other document types, but it is not a quick throw together application. It would involve possible changes to the core code of Plex.

• psimonispsimonis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

I understand the dilemma , but Plex is a prominent product and PDF is sadly lacking considering it is the primary viewing platform, it so be a priority task! I am selfish I would love to read those files on the toilet :-)

• frankmccfrankmcc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Why not a separate channel or plugin?

• themadturtle@me.comthemadturtle@me.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

bump - Would REALLY like this. Just got my movie/TV libraries together for my kids and would LOVE to put Lego instructions in the app as well for them to access...

• Zackary3720Zackary3720 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Would like it asap

• wolfeswolfes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

Would also like this feature. I have learning series DVDs that have PDFs with them (like a work book).