Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

User Management

It would be cool if you could sign in from your clients with different users.
Each user would have:
- individual sort options
- unwatched/watched status

This would come very handy when you use one server with several persons.

Right now if my girlfriend watches a TV episode I'm kind of getting confused if I watched it already or not cause it gets marked as "watched".

Comments

• HaveACoke1886HaveACoke1886 Posts: 10Members
    Agreed. I have my Mac Mini as host and my iPhone and Laptop that I would like with my account, but then I have 3 other friends (laptop, iphone, and ipad) that I would like 3 separate accounts for. Good feature request.
  • fhbfhb Posts: 362Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Yes, that would be a great aspect, the Plex server/client structure makes this feature more necessary than with Plex0.8.
  • ppson@me.comppson@me.com Posts: 239Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1. We need this implemented. With the central PMS serving the whole household, and even remote clients this is a necessary step to take.
  • sentinel8sentinel8 Posts: 2Members
    +1
  • TheCondormanTheCondorman Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1
    A feature I would really appreciate!
  • VelociraptorVelociraptor Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    HI!
    just using PLEX some days now and its kind of awesome but this watched/unwatched status would be great if bound to an user account perhaps even the myplex user does not matter that much but this central watched status is kind of annoying ^^

so +1 for me too :)
  • sks2ksks2k Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    +1 !!
    for multiple Users!

we are 5 people here watching over the same PMS .
    But its not only the watched/unwatched thing. My wife watch some TVShows that i don't watch. And i definitely dont want that my Kids can see my whole Movie-Collection, with Action-Thrillers like SinCity or Adult-Series like Californication.
    Also i have over 400 Movies in my Collection. But when my Wife want so see a Movie without me, she can't find a single one for her - in this amount of Movies. Same WOULD be for my Kids - but i dont want to let them Access my Plex Collection without me , because of the Adult-Movies.
    I think a SERVER Solution should always support multiple users!

Some of the Forum Posts about Multiple-Users i've seen are over 2 Years old - and its not solved yet.

If there is not enough interest of the Main-Users , it maybe could implemented into Plex-PASS ?! This would be definitely a reason for me to Pay for.
  • EmKa01EmKa01 Posts: 7Members
    +1
  • snickerssnickers Posts: 577Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1
  • TheCondormanTheCondorman Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2013
    +1

I've been using Plex for over 4 years, the entire time with multiple users - even without the server-client implementation there were several people sharing a a media center on the TV. I have been waiting for this since then and repeatedly heard 'the developers are working this' so I wouldn't hold your breath.