Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Players Found in Media Player

turn00turn00 Members Posts: 1

I have been using the plex web app for years and have never had problems. Recently i downloaded and installed the Plex Media Player. Everything works the exact same as the plex web app, except one thing. When i try to cast to my chromecast, all i get is "No Players Found." If i have the web app open, i can cast the player to the web app, but that is pointless. Do i need to set the player up differently so i can cast directly from the media player to my chromecast? Thanks

Answers

• timolaftimolaf Members Posts: 0

I'm bumping this question ...

I have exactly the same issue. I have no problems casting to chromecast using Chrome browser and Plex Media Server web page. However, with the standalone Plex Media Player, my chromecast does not show up when clicking on the "cast" button.

Anyone know what's going on?
    Thanks.

• ambjorn@amren.netambjorn@amren.net Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Hello, have you got any solution to this problem?...as I have a similar problem..
    Thanks in advance..