If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] ExportTools

dane22dane22 Posts: 10,320Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
edited September 3 in Plex Channel Plugins

This is the official thread for

ExportTools

GitHub issues Download of latest releaseDownload total

About
What this little app/channel can do, is simply to export your library sections into csv or xlsx files, allowing you to open up the exported files in like Excel or siml. afterwards.
It also can export posters, in the size you decide

Note: If running PMS on Windows, and exporting into xlsx format, you must be running a version above PMS V1.3! And if not, use csv output format until upgraded

Currently exports Movie, TV-Show, Audio, Photo sections as well as playlists

Do note, that when doing so, to set the encoding to UTF-8 in excel, if exporting to csv.

This plug-in will always be considered "a work in progress", and will change rapidly, if devs get an idea, or you guy's suggest something, so fire away.

Manual
To see the manual, go here
And please read above, before posting a question!

Install

To install, you have two options:
1 Unsupported Appstore (Easy way)
2 Manual

SourceCode

To get the SourceCode, contribute, or raise an incident, go here

Changelog

To see the changelog, go here

Note2:
This plugin is the replacement of Plex2CSV!
If Plex2CSV is currently installed, please remove it, since it's discontinued, and everything Plex2CSV could do, this tool can as well, and a lot more!

And do report back both good and bad

/Tommy

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
Support the Samsung Client:Donate
Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

Comments

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,320Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Also note, that Plex2CSV Repo will be removed soon

Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,853Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Great idea, here are some improvement suggestions:

1) Music - would it be possible to add genre ?
    2) Film / series - would it be possible to add codec & encoding parameters used in each track ?

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0387 (beta2) + PMS 1.9.7.4460 (plex pass) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• seanvree81seanvree81 Posts: 129Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't get it? What's the point of this? I mean, it looks dope, but what are you using the csv or xlsx files for?

@moody_blue :

1) Music is called Audio, and already there ;-)
    2) It's in level 6

/T

@seanvree@hotmail.com

Ever wanted:

• List of all movies with DTS?
    • List of movies in a low resolution?
    • List of what subtitles you have for a movie?
    • List of movies missing index (Bif file)?
    • List of.........

List of everything ;-)

@dane22 said:
    @seanvree@hotmail.com

Ever wanted:

• List of all movies with DTS?
    • List of movies in a low resolution?
    • List of what subtitles you have for a movie?
    • List of movies missing index (Bif file)?
    • List of.........

List of everything ;-)

No, I haven't actually. I mean, I'm trying to understand what this would be useful for?! I mean, what are YOU guys using it for?

• rossiniorrossinior Posts: 205Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dear dane22 et al,

this is fantastic, will give it a try tomorrow... Having "Audio" makes me think of an "old" idea that I have.

When adding a Music Premium library of my Music collection, I learned that my MP3 tags were simply a mess.
    And so was my Music Premium library.

Then I did what seemed to me was a good idea... I fixed everything within Plex, editing A LOT of things, matching every artitst, and every Album.

So, right now, my Plex Music Premium library is the only good source of data that I have since I did not edit the MP3 tags.

Here's my idea for your ExportTools... Use ExportTools to "Export to mp3 tags" :)
    All the data is already there including Album and/or Artist covers, etc...
    Just use it to tag the files. That would be heaven...

I know that this cannot be done without knowing more about the platform, but how about having a Special Output Format that sets headers and fields correctly already for use with external MP3 Editors like in...

https://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=19225

On the other hand, having an MP3 tagging mechanism that works by Scripting it under Windows/MacOS and QNAP NAS would be a start ;)

What do you think of it?

My plex settings:

16TB QNAP PMS, 8 TB Buffalo Win2k12 PMS - 3x FireTV(2nd gen), 1x Android tablet, 1x Samsung S6 (Music, Movie, TV show libraries)

My "small" feature wishes:
    -* multiple parallel filters using an advanced mechanism (AND/OR/NOT) combine different categories when using filters
    -* better collection (not only as a meta tag, movie grouping, searchable)
    -* user defined meta tags which can be assigned to standard tags but which do not get lost when updating the data (example) [I want to add "James Bond" to all James Bond movie titles without marking the titles as not changable; I would add information on different versions (Uncut, Extended, DC) of a movie to the movie title, I would like to add the role of a character, I want to add a user defined collection name without marking the standard field as not changable]
    -* flag to limit my search to the actual library which I am in when doing a search
    -* German plex skill for Alexa

@seanvree@hotmail.com said:
    No, I haven't actually. I mean, I'm trying to understand what this would be useful for?! I mean, what are YOU guys using it for?

I don't use it, since the dev can't be trusted :))

And here's what one user used it for, under it's previous name:

https://mc-guinness.co.uk/blog/20160303/extract-your-plex-movies-or-shows-to-text-file/

/T

Uhh, yeah, I was actually thinking how I could publish this all sexy like to my webserver.

This is dope:

https://github.com/Dachande663/Plex-Export

• tylordurtontylordurton Posts: 466Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seem to be having issues exporting, sure it's something simple but have not spotted any chance you could take a quick look at the log file pls ?

@tylordurton

This is indeed scary, and is caused by a flaw in the framework for Windows, that was supposed to be fixed in V1.3 and above.

For now, sadly all I can suggest is that you select csv as the output format in the prefs of ExportTools, and I'll ask Plex to look into this

Sorry

/T

• tylordurtontylordurton Posts: 466Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for checking and the heads up, looks like it works with CSV so good for now :-)

OP and Github readme changed to reflect this :-(

• paradoxhubparadoxhub Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

com.plexapp.plugins.ExportTools.log

http://pastebin.com/raw/49xMbQFF

@paradoxhub

Log says:

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/mnt/Media/Movies/ExportTools'

So you need to fix your Linux permissions, so the Plex user has access to that directory

/T

• paradoxhubparadoxhub Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the quick response. My Plex installation is located within a FreeNAS 'jail', I can't figure out how to modify the users of the jail only the FreeNAS server users itself but it seems the plugin uses some user within the jail, anyone know how I can do this?

Not me....

The channel runs as the user PMS runs under, so sadly you'll have to go and ask in the server forum, where I suspect more FreeNAS people hangs out.

Sorry

/T

• Landwehr HomeLandwehr Home Posts: 101Members ✭✭

Are there plans to embed the pictures into the excel spreadsheet or create an html file like the Plex Export program? I tried using that program and can't seem to get it working but the output file it creates looks pretty sweet.

@seanvree@hotmail.com said:
    Uhh, yeah, I was actually thinking how I could publish this all sexy like to my webserver.

This is dope:

https://github.com/Dachande663/Plex-Export

Plex Server: Octa-Core AMD FX-8320E 3.2 GHz, 8GB ECC RAM, ASUS M5A99FX Pro R 2.0, 21TB Raid 6 array Clients: 2 Roku 3's, 1 Roku Streaming Stick, 1 2012 Samsung PN60E7000 TV, 1 2015 Samsung UN32J5205, Web Browser Network: 1GB LAN, Linksys EA9500 Router Software: Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 on a 500GB HD

No plans for that

• jaim3lojaim3lo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It is possible to have the path including the filename of the movie?