This server is not powerful enough to convert video
I'm new to Plex and this forum and am hoping someone can offer some help please.
My Plex setup seems to struggle with high definition movies. It will sometimes display an error saying "This server is not powerful enough to convert video".
In my limited knowledge, I thought I had specified a package that was sufficiently powerful so I'm hoping someone might be able to identify what the weak link or the weak setting in my setup is please.
My setup is as follows:
I’m running the Plex App on Apple TV which speaks via Wifi to me Mini Mac which has the Plex Server Software and all the files on a WD 1TB XHDD plugged in via USB 2.0.
The exact specs are as follows:
- Apple Mac Mini (Late 2010), Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 12 GB RAM, 320GB HD
- Apple TV 4th Gen
- Sony Bravia 49” 4K Ultra HD Smart TV
- Western Digital 1TB Elements USB 3.0 2.5" Portable Hard Drive
- Orange Livebox Wifi Router
- Speedtest results: 48mbps Download Speed, 28mbps Upload Speed
My gut instincts are as follows:
- All the hardware is new and all the software up to date, except for the Mac Mini that was second hand- perhaps that is slow because of unknown 'abuse'?
- Perhaps the Wifi is slow?
- I'm also confused about how to set the 'Local Video Quality', 'Remote Video Quality' and 'Remote Audio Quality'.
Thanks for your time,