If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Server fails to start on Windows 7

kdamourkdamour Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PMS version 1.4.1.3362, windows 7
Plex has been working without issue for a long time. Have windows patching enabled and install recent builds of plex all along. Recently the server has failed to start. There are no logs or crash reports under %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Crash Reports. Reviewed the forums and have not seen something that would match recently. Tried uninstalling and reinstall.

General Windows question: For PMS startup - what is the recommended way to gather log info (or is the option for Windows crash dump)? Are there command line options to enable tracing on console?
The general help for logs seem to require that PMS is up and running so logs can be enabled and gathered. (First time with a plex issue and posting a problem so hopefully this is not just a read the manual answer...)

Thank you,
Kevin

Best Answers

• kdamourkdamour Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi Sa2000,
    You are absolutely correct. I had a drive failure and the path is pointing to the drive that failed.
    I will see about recovering the data from that failed drive or repoint to a working drive.

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback!
    Kevin

Answers

• kdamourkdamour Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi Sa2000,
    You are absolutely correct. I had a drive failure and the path is pointing to the drive that failed.
    I will see about recovering the data from that failed drive or repoint to a working drive.

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback!
    Kevin