Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX Client for Windows

CapnAmericaCapnAmerica Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any functional Windows client for PLEX that can be installed and used on an in-home alternative PC? I would like to stream from my PMS to another Television in the house. Anyone got any recommendations or setup advice etc?

Thanks

Comments

• darrindarrin Plex Dev Team Posts: 2,044Members
    CapnAmerica -

Sorry no there's not yet a Client for Windows...

BUT it sounds like you're talking about setting it up against a TV... so here are some options for you:

1. If you're the patient type you could get LG's Smart TV Upgrader - BUT it won't have Plex until potentially as late as Q3 of this year.
    2. If you're impatient and not afraid of small challenges take a look at this to make your ATV2 into a Plex Client: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/forum/76-apple-tv-2nd-gen/

As for ATV2 Client as of this writing 0.7.1 is available and I understand it to be pretty good!

Enjoy,
    -Darrin
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    You might be interested in this thread. There has been some work done on an unofficial Windows client. I'm not really up-to-date on what stage its at.

• hippojayhippojay Posts: 958Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    What, no love for PleXBMC...

Another option is to use XBMC and install the PleXBMC plugin - which allows you to play Plex managed media through XBMC:
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    hippojay wrote:

What, no love for PleXBMC...

Another option is to use XBMC and install the PleXBMC plugin - which allows you to play Plex managed media through XBMC:

Sorry hippojay. Got much respect for PleXBMC... Slipped my mind (not a user) :unsure:
  • darrindarrin Plex Dev Team Posts: 2,044Members
    mikedm139 wrote:

Sorry (release day in Plex for Android world had me distracted). No slight intended! That's why it's so great to be on a forum... :)

• pnewelljrpnewelljr Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass
    Is an official client planned?