If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

We seriously need an update to the Xbox plex app

idleslothidlesloth Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Xbox plex app is the slowest client currently available for plex. It should be one of the best. It has Kinect features like pause, play and forward. They should add a new picture in picture feature which should be added to the Xbox one dashboard soon. It should allow you to play at next episode without having to set up a playlist. It is really slow loading browsing through the contain, slow at playing the contain, slow at fast forwarding and rewinding through the contain.
Which Plex client is the Best? From Bit my Bits
It has been ages since the Xbox one plex app has been updated. Please make this happen, I'm a lifetime plex pass user, I have spread the word about how awesome plex is to all my friends and even made a Youtube video about how to setup plex server. But I wish my favourite client get some overdue love from the plex team.

Comments

• nelsonamennelsonamen Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The app for Xbox one is very bad, they should remove it from store is shameful for plex, I do not use it in Xbox no more

• mal68mal68 Posts: 121Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

We are long overdue for a meaningful update. Devs have been incredibly quiet and when they do occasionally come in here they make some loose promises that they are working on some improvements and missing features. But actions speak louder than words

I'm not sure anywhere else does lifetime subscriptions, but I've learnt my lesson and would never buy one again

• stphnwaikaristphnwaikari Posts: 118Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

imho xbox and ps4 apps are big let downs. While I understand there are some limits to these device due to MS and Sony not allowing access to key systems. Amazing my RBP3 does more than a my XBOX1s and PS4.

• BringDaMedicBringDaMedic Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

Plex for Xbox needs the option to sort by folders, I hate that my browse options looks like a hot mess or disorganized tv series.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,663Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@BringDaMedic said:
    Plex for Xbox needs the option to sort by folders, I hate that my browse options looks like a hot mess or disorganized tv series.

If it looks like a hot disorganized mess, your file naming is likely off, causing Plex not to be able to match the file names correctly.

• Troy RippinTroy Rippin Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had to ditch the Xbox One app and go for PMP on a mac mini. This was due to having to transcode the DTS audio and the SRT subtitles. It was killing my NAS.
    I also thought it could cache more artwork than it does, when you browse through your library you can see it struggling to load the movie posters, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm excited for the KODI UWP app whenever that is due to land.

• Fressa0815Fressa0815 Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@troyrippin said:
    Meanwhile, I'm excited for the KODI UWP app whenever that is due to land.

I bet it comes sooner than the next Plex Update

• swanleeswanlee Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why is plex taking so long to get the console version of the app up to snuff? Isn't any of the money we pay for the Plex Pass used for app development? I just want real 4K/HDR support and the ability for the app to automatically got to next episode of a TV show like every other Plex app does

• morpheus2n2morpheus2n2 Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I honestly think its time to ditch the Plex app and move the Windows UWP app over, its far better and will make it far easier to keep updated.
    I wouldn't mind if this was a purely free program but I pay for the Plex pass and would like to see my money going towards updating current ecosystems and not lining pockets!

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 328Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Gave up on it long ago. Along with any other official Plex client apart from iOS.

Such a shame, but they really, clearly don't care what any of us think, want or need.

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 456Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since plex doesn't comment I will say they are obviously working on an uwp version... Their old beta app dropped all its users a few months back and added Xbox support... Hopefully it is ready for the April Xbox update and supports overlay as soon as it is available on that platform

PMS: Windows 10 1703 - ASROCK H77 - 28tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 10tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive
    Main: Kodi (Current Version) with Plex Addon - Bedroom: Roku 3

Also: Chromecast, iPad Mini +, 2x Android Moto G4, OnePlus Three

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert
  • kd6iczkd6icz Posts: 269Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I purchased an Xbox One S before Christmas because the price was too good to pass up and I thought it would be the ultimate streaming device with all of it's horsepower under the hood.... Plus I needed a new Blu-ray player so for $220 it was a no brainier. I don't play video games so none of that was important to me.

I have to say it hasn't been that great at.... Anything really? The fact I can't direct stream a Blu-ray is annoying. The "multi-channel" audio output is annoying... So... I don't know what to go with. Are they're any streaming media players that have a good Plex app?

Home built Supermicro X99 motherboard with Intel i7-6950x with all 10 cores locked at 4GHz! Each thread scoring 2500 passmark with 128GB 3300 DDR4 and 10Gbps Intel SFP+ NIC. Files stored on QNAP TS-1635 NAS with twelve 6TB WD Reds in RAID6!

• The Holy StigmaThe Holy Stigma Posts: 143Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i switched to rasberry pi 3 a while back and installed rasplex on it its amazing best investment ive ever made for plex

• opothopoth Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm pretty happy with my Roku Premiere and Premiere+ for the rest the house, Roku has an excellent Plex client. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the eventual UWP app has some serious QoL improvements that brings it more into line with other Plex clients, because I really do love the XB1 as a gaming/streaming box, it's just that the Plex client in particular needs some love.

@kd6icz said:
    I purchased an Xbox One S before Christmas because the price was too good to pass up and I thought it would be the ultimate streaming device with all of it's horsepower under the hood.... Plus I needed a new Blu-ray player so for $220 it was a no brainier. I don't play video games so none of that was important to me.

I have to say it hasn't been that great at.... Anything really? The fact I can't direct stream a Blu-ray is annoying. The "multi-channel" audio output is annoying... So... I don't know what to go with. Are they're any streaming media players that have a good Plex app?

just so you know...new xbox update today will fix your bluray issues

PMS: Windows 10 1703 - ASROCK H77 - 28tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 10tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert

@mcrommert said:

It didn't change anything. I still get the decoder errors on direct Blu-ray rips and I still can't choose to pass through original bitstream to my AVR.

Now... I know that the Blu-ray player app was supposted to get that option in the settings. My buddy got it on his One. My One S didn't get that option. Same build number.

Either way that wouldn't apply to Plex.

Home built Supermicro X99 motherboard with Intel i7-6950x with all 10 cores locked at 4GHz! Each thread scoring 2500 passmark with 128GB 3300 DDR4 and 10Gbps Intel SFP+ NIC. Files stored on QNAP TS-1635 NAS with twelve 6TB WD Reds in RAID6!

• Goose1701Goose1701 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It would be great if they either did something with this app, or even better, just ported the UWP app over like everybody else. The Xbox is still my primary media device and it's what I use Plex on the most. Just wish it worked better.

And for the love of god, ENABLE BACKGROUND MUSIC!

• ppilot83ppilot83 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kd6icz said:

@mcrommert said:

It didn't change anything. I still get the decoder errors on direct Blu-ray rips and I still can't choose to pass through original bitstream to my AVR.

Now... I know that the Blu-ray player app was supposted to get that option in the settings. My buddy got it on his One. My One S didn't get that option. Same build number.

Bitstreaming goes live next week, so you should be good to go after that.

@ppilot83 said:

@kd6icz said:

@mcrommert said:

Yeah this is right...sorry i'm on beta so i thought everyone would be getting it

Hopefully they give apps ability to also bitstream...not holding my breath though

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert

@ppilot83 said:

For everything or just the Blu-ray app? The other issue is the reference frame errors on direct play Blu-ray rips. I assume Plex just uses the built in codecs provided by Microsoft?