If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Roku Overscan

MarcFBRMarcFBR Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 2011 in Plex Classic for Roku
I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done to correct this since it seems to be a Roku issue itself. Just thought I'd bring it to attention just in case something can be done or so that people with the proper settings on their TV can double check to make sure it's off.

(I did some research ahead of time to try and explain it properly based on the issue people have had with the Roku outside of Plex, so it definitely isn't an issue with Plex itself or the Plex client for Roku.)

The Roku sends out a 'component HDMI' signal rather than 'RGB HDMI', which seems to cause TVs to think it should add overscan, so unless your TV has manual overscan correction it artificially creates overscan on 720p (even on a 1080p set.)

I have a 1080p set that properly maps pixels, and it adds overscan to this type of signal also (and there isn't any manual ability to shut off overscan since mine is a bit older at this point...)

Comments

• trailmixtrailmix Posts: 4Members
    OH dear. And here I thought I understood English.
  • cory_jacksoncory_jackson Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex has an overscan compensation. I have a Visio TV which is 1366X768. The ratio is wrong and it overscans the sides. No setting in the TV for it but I found a setting in Plex that fixed the problem. Now if I could only get my other Roku channels to work :-(