Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Music not playing at all.

tigerstripe40tigerstripe40 Posts: 2Members

Running MacOS X
Have about 122GB of music available.

Initially, I Was able to lay the music over an android player on a wireless LAN, however, that stopped working.

I was going to post this to the android player, but I suspect the server itself has something to do with this, as when I try to play the music through the web player directly in the server web interface, the music won't play. It will sit at 0:00 for about 2 seconds, then move to the next track. Load it in WinAmp and it plays without issue.

I'm tried this in Chrome, FireFox, as well as the Android Plex Media Player. I am trying to get this working on my android device as this is going to be set up for playing music when I am away from an internet connection.

I've tried the search but most of the suggestions are 'use a different plugin for chrome' which doesn't get to the root of the issue.

Answers

• tigerstripe40tigerstripe40 Posts: 2Members

Chrome Plex Plug in is not working either.

• saln76saln76 Posts: 1Members

You can try out Fildo apk instead to listen to continuous music for free.

• ObliqueApproachObliqueApproach Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a similar problem. About a 6 weeks ago, all of my music stopped playing or streaming. My PMS is a dedicated Windows 7 PC. It will not play individual songs or playlists either locally, on the Google Chrome app, on any of 5 iOS devices, or on my ATV3. Even within the PMS window on the server nothing will play. It looks like it is playing but never starts and skips to the next song continuously. I have rebooted the machine but no joy. I have read through several discussions here starting with 2015, but cannot find anything to resolve the problem. Movies and TV Shows and everything else work perfectly. I have 100GB+ worth of personal music so any help would be appreciated. I have had to go back to iTunes which is killing me!!!!

• GittalonglildoggiesGittalonglildoggies Posts: 76Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had a similar issue a while ago.

It might be an problem with PMS linking to your Plex account. Go into Settings, Devices, Server and remove any servers listed. Then sign out PMS, if the above doesn't force this. Then sign in PMS.

If none of the above works your Plex Database could be hosed. You may need to remove your Music library, Optimize, Clean Bundles, Empty Trash, then re-add your collection. I do this every 6 months or so since I run the Preview Releases of PMS. Generally whenever there's major update, ie going from v1.5 to v1.6.

My rig:
    OpenPHT - HTPC - Intel NUC6i5SYH - Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition, 16 GB ECC memory, Dual core 1.9 GHz, 500 GB PCIE SSD, 1 GB Ethernet.
    PMS - HTMac Server - MacPro (late 2013) - OSX 10.12.3, 12GB ECC memory, Quad core 3.7 GHz, 1 TB PCIE SSD, 1 GB Ethernet. All media stored on NAS, mounted via smb.
    NAS - Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d: firmware v3.2.14.30167, 4 - 1 TB Western Digital Black (enterprise 1.5 million hrs MTtF), all services disabled except for CIFS. Dual homed 1 GB nics.

• ObliqueApproachObliqueApproach Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update on my issue......I was pointing Plex at my music account in OneDrive where I also had my iTunes media going. The system worked great but somehow Plex changed where it was looking. Not sure why as I was overseas when it stopped working. Regardless, it is back up and running!

• dragonrajahdragonrajah Posts: 1Members

same problem, plex music has stopped working on all my 3 android device and PC browsers for over a year.

Plex seems to be focused on useless add-ons instead of core services

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,454Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@dragonrajah said:
    same problem, plex music has stopped working on all my 3 android device and PC browsers for over a year.

Plex seems to be focused on useless add-ons instead of core services

Suggest you raise a new forum topic rather than add to an old 2017 topic - please include server logs collected after restarting the server and reproducing the problem

Please see
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/201643703-reporting-issues-with-plex-media-server/
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/200250417-plex-media-server-log-files/

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to