If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server not powerful enough...can't find server...periodic errors

MythicBeastMythicBeast Posts: 4Members ✭✭

So, I am not a Plex expert. However, I have been enjoying it for several years, but lately, I keep running into annoying errors, extended buffering sessions, server not powerful enough, can't find server...what happened to it just works.

All my movies are .mkv. My server is the box Plex web interface runs on on, core i7 6700, 16 gig ram, macOS 10.12.4. I've attempted to read through the MANY threads with the same complaints but have not discovered an answer.

My server is more than adequate to handle whatever Plex throws at it, it doesn't go anywhere but every week or so Plex can't find it then I reboot and it miracously re-appears. I'm told I can't watch Bourne because my server is not powerful enough then, a few days later Bourne works fine, start to finish. I mean really, wtf?

I'd love it if someone could point me to a thread that solves my problems.
Thanks!

Not enough time in the day to do all I would like to do!!