Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Do I need to buy Plex metro app on every Windows device, even under the same Microsoft account?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before. I have several Windows devices which run under the same Microsoft account. I already bought the Metro app once on my main PC, and was surprised that I had to buy it again on my "PlexBox" PC, even after logging in with my Microsoft account, on which the app was bought, to have my previous purchase recognized.

So the question is in the title... do I need to buy it on every single device? Already did it on two devices... not a Plex Pass subscriber so I figured it would be my way to contribute, but buying again a few times for the rest of my devices feels overkill.

Thank you!

Answers

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,249 Plex Ninja
    edited April 20

No, your license should propagate through all devices that are signed in via the same account. This unfortunately is more of a Microsoft support issues since it deals with the store and licensing. Plex does not have access to any of that information.

Logs from the application couldn't hurt however, just in case.

Also, moved to the Windows Store client forum.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 14,901 Plex Employee

Double check the store account. The purchase is tied to the Store account, which is not necessarily the same as the account you are logged into your computer with.