Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Will you have a fit-to-screen button for Galaxy S8 users?

indielectrockindielectrock Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there, just received my new phone and was wondering if there was a chance you could add a button to make the media fit the 18,5:9 ratio on the phone? I'd love that feature, I have a Plex Pass, btw. :)

Answers

• murdofmurdof Posts: 81Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

We need 4K HDR playback as well as S8 has HDR display....

I haven't found a player that can do HDR playback on S8 yet...

• AkAdam44AkAdam44 Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

YES!! Please add a way to make our media fit these new aspect ratios of these new phones. Was watching a Blu-ray movie I remuxed while on the train today on my S8+ and had black bars on all four sides of the video...This has to be fixed.

• murdofmurdof Posts: 81Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@AkAdam44 said:
    YES!! Please add a way to make our media fit these new aspect ratios of these new phones. Was watching a Blu-ray movie I remuxed while on the train today on my S8+ and had black bars on all four sides of the video...This has to be fixed.

Did you crop in your encode black bars top and bottom?
    Then it would fit great with no side borders.

I assume we are talking about zoom in - as YouTube does

• AkAdam44AkAdam44 Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@murdof said:
    Did you crop in your encode black bars top and bottom?
    Then it would fit great with no side borders.

I assume we are talking about zoom in - as YouTube does

UGH! You're right, I forgot to crop. Other movies where I know I cropped the bars fit perfectly on the screen. I guess I would like a zoom feature then...LoL

• silver01silver01 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

if you go to settings you can choose to use an external player, I use MX player pro and it fills the whole s8+

• indielectrockindielectrock Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

problem is I'm streaming the content from another server. the files are not on my device so I can't play them with MX Player pro, right?

• snuttingsnutting Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah, if I use sync, I can use the Samsung video player and it looks amazing, but for content steamed from my server it's all boxed in. I'd love to see a playback mode that uses the whole display.

• d12dand12dan Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anyone have stuttering issues when playing a movie. I'm having quite a bit of stuttering and it's quite distracting, I'm coming from an LG V20 which played my movies smoothly. Btw I have the snapdragon version of the S8.

• d12dand12dan Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@d12dan said:
    Does anyone have stuttering issues when playing a movie. I'm having quite a bit of stuttering and it's quite distracting, I'm coming from an LG V20 which played my movies smoothly. Btw I have the snapdragon version of the S8.

No one hasn't had this issue???