Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cant updaes software.

greatn8greatn8 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Software downloads, hangs during installation. Can I manually install it over existing server

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

@greatn8 said:
    Software downloads, hangs during installation. Can I manually install it over existing server

Yes go to >
    https://plex.tv/downloads

You may have to open Security and privacy Preference panel/General in System Preferences and allow install. You maybe asked when adding it to applications folder to "Replace accept_ replace_.

• greatn8greatn8 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Did not help. I am currently running 1.1.0.2611. It just hangs on Installing. I have to shut it down to get it to come back up. Should I try a manually update. How is a manual update performed?

@greatn8 said:
    Did not help. I am currently running 1.1.0.2611. It just hangs on Installing. I have to shut it down to get it to come back up. Should I try a manually update. How is a manual update performed?

Are we talking PMS, PMP or something else?

What ever you using something wrong, un install and re install updated version