If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cant updaes software.

greatn8greatn8 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Software downloads, hangs during installation. Can I manually install it over existing server

Answers

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,690Members ✭✭✭✭

@greatn8 said:
    Software downloads, hangs during installation. Can I manually install it over existing server

Yes go to >
    https://plex.tv/downloads

You may have to open Security and privacy Preference panel/General in System Preferences and allow install. You maybe asked when adding it to applications folder to "Replace accept_ replace_.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• greatn8greatn8 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did not help. I am currently running 1.1.0.2611. It just hangs on Installing. I have to shut it down to get it to come back up. Should I try a manually update. How is a manual update performed?

@greatn8 said:
    Did not help. I am currently running 1.1.0.2611. It just hangs on Installing. I have to shut it down to get it to come back up. Should I try a manually update. How is a manual update performed?

Are we talking PMS, PMP or something else?

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

What ever you using something wrong, un install and re install updated version

• greatn8greatn8 Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Will my settings be saved

@greatn8 said:
    Will my settings be saved

If you install over the top more than likely no lost Settings. For a Clean install which maybe still needed you lose everything and start again. By everything your Titles file will be intact.