Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to Play Watch Later YouTube videos on Plex Web

shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,410 Forum Mod

There is an issue with Plex Web for Chrome playing YouTube Watch Later videos. They just sit there loading forever.

There was an issue with PMS for Windows v1.5.2 being unable to transcode YouTube videos, but that issue has been resolved in PMS for Windows v1.5.6 and later. I know this issues is resolved because the Plex app for Roku must trancode some YouTube Watch Later videos and they play and transcode fine on the Plex app for Roku using PMS for Windows v1.5.6 or later.

The same YouTube Watch Later videos will direct play on the iOS app and transcode on the Roku app. But I have tried playing these YouTube videos in Plex Web v3.2.1, v3.4.1, and v3.6 in Chrome and they just sit there loading forever.

I even tried disabling Direct Play under Settings > Plex Web > Player, but they still will not play.

Comments

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,410 Forum Mod
    edited May 18

I have also tried the latest version of the Plex Web app (v3.6) on Firefox and Safari from another device (including disabling direct play) and YouTube Watch Later video playback fails on those browsers as well.

EDIT:

I have also tried the latest version of the Plex Web app (v3.6) on browsers from Ipad (Safari and Firefox) and YouTube Watch Later video playback fails as well. But Firefox on Windows 10 can play YouTube Watch Later videos.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,410 Forum Mod

It appears there is an issue with the Plex Web app sending the POST request necessary to get the video stream. This same request works fine on the Plex app for Roku and iOS.

• harrogukharroguk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 131 Plex Pass

Just as a side note, it is working in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

This does appear to be an issue affecting the Chrome and Safari browsers. Firefox works as well (except on Ipad).

• donyzzdonyzz Members Posts: 137 ✭✭

Still not working in chrome or edge(for me). This has been a problem for about 2 months. :'(

• harrogukharroguk Members, Plex Pass Posts: 131 Plex Pass

Still not working in Chrome (Works fine in M$ Edge)

PlexWeb: Version 3.6.0
    Plex Media Server: Version 1.7.0.3840
    Chrome: Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)