Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

roku 7.6.0 4125 rebooting ?

eetjtleetjtl Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

Anyone having this issue?
Is plex working with roku on this?
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=102414&sid=8d118023708d97f642a6ada379cee0eb?

My sister emailed me about. I'm not having this issue but I'm at 7.6.0 4120.

Best Answer

Answers

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update:

Plex Media Server.log
    Was watching The Blacklist, stopped a few times (life called), then at:
    22:20:39:529 a lockup occurred, not followed by a reboot.
    The Roku might as well have rebooted because it was out to lunch. I regained some control only to find out the server was MIA. I checked, just to be sure, and the server was right where I left it. I went ahead and rebooted the Roku and it all came back.

In that sequence of events following the time given above the Roku was deeply involved in trying to find a suitable sub title - when none existed - and was trying so hard apparently it couldn't do anything else and... Booom!.
    Hummmm. This is ringing a bell and it's tone is not very melodic.
    The old Roku Captions Mode (being ON) rolls over and cuts a big one?
    (I guess at this point I'll turn it off and see what happens)

I have no idea what's going on, but at least we have a target area.

I will inform Roku Dale of my latest evidence, anecdotal as it may be.

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was fiddling with Audio Streams (my quest to create some kind of audio stream that isn't DTS). The Roku 3 locked up several times in quick succession. I'll edit here and run those logs in - right after Daily Maintenance has completed.