If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Has anyone solved Windows Plex Player Audio Sync issues with AC3?

mikec25mikec25 Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 20 in OpenPHT

Hi
I have 2 identical HP laptops. 1 runs the embedded(Intel) OpenPHT Plex player and 1 runs OpenPHT Windows Plex Player.
The Embedded player works 100% on everything I throw at it while the one on the Windows 10 laptop develops audio sync issues with some files (appears to be AC3). The same file will work 100% on the embedded player laptop.

Focusing on the problem player:
HDMI audio passthrough is being used but it makes no difference if i use Directsound or not.

You may wonder why I'm bothering with the Win10 option if it's troublesome and it is because i need 1080p from the HDMI port. The embedded player sees the 720p laptop screen and pushes out 720p which is fine for the old 720p TV but not for the 1080p TV.

I have tried my MINIX Z83-4 (Win 10) and same sync issue. Pity the Embedded Intel image did not work on the MINIX (audio driver fail on HDMI)

Thanks
Mike

From the File
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 42 min 18 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels