Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa Can Not Find/Open Plex on Apple TV

davidfolenderdavidfolender Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

Every time I ask Alexa to open Plex she replies: "Your Plex Player, App TV does not appear to be online, would you like to use a different player". However, it is online and if I manually open Plex then I am able to control it through Alexa.

I do have a Fire TV Stick, but don;t use it that much. I use Plex 98% of the time.

Can't seem to find anything on why Alexa can not find Plex which is up and running....

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• davidfolenderdavidfolender Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

No one? Really?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,370 Plex Employee

"Alexa, open Plex" does not open the Plex app if that is what you were thinking. Alexa cannot open the Plex app. Plex has to already be running. I don't believe Alexa can turn on any app, not just Plex.

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 670 Plex Pass

She can with the intervention of third party hardware ie: a harmony hub.
    I tell alexa to turn on plex which does exactly as described, then I use the Plex skill to control plex.