Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TV Shows not showing what I have

richard49richard49 Posts: 79Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have had no problem with Plex showing my films but I'm having serious problems with Plex and my TV episodes I have.

I have 11 different series of TV shows, when I click on 'Scan Library files' Plex only scans one of the series I have and not all of them.

The reason for scanning my TV shows is that one of the series isn't showing all of the seasons I have within that particular TV show.

I removed the whole series from my hard drive to another hard drive so it now doesn't mow exist on the hard drive that Plex scans but the TV series in question is still showing up, when it shouldn't do so.

I've re-started my computer thinking that might help but it doesn't, Plex iss till showing a TV show that no longer exists.

What can I do to make Plex scan all of my TV series where as now it's only scanning one.

I hope that made sense?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• richard49richard49 Posts: 79Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you so much for your very concise explanation, it was very helpful.

In the end I found out the the drive letter for the drive holding my TV shows had changed; once I had changed it back everything was recognised and worked again as it should do.

Thanks again, it was very much appreciated.

• logan5498logan5498 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having serious problems with Plex and my TV episodes. I have all of my EP 1 - 10 ALL seasons is a problems

• tld6008tld6008 Posts: 18Members ✭✭

I am having serious problems with TV shows and personal videos not showing up a all, my movie folder works fine. I have been through all the file structure requirements and the PLEX dance to no avail. I am attaching a DEBUG file, I think. My OS is Zorin 09

Thanks

• rkyleberryrkyleberry Posts: 11Members ✭✭

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Plex Media Server, but now it can't/won't scan any of my TV Shows. Movies works fine, but I can't get TV Shows to scan. It just says scan complete as soon as I force a refresh or attempt a scan. Ihave used FileBot to rename all of the TV series and they worked great prior to this new installation. See attached log file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't look like my log file attached. Trying again.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 24,539Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited August 14

What kind of drive is G: ?
    If it is a networked drive (network share) or a drive 'pool', it won't work.

If your drive G: is a local drive, formatted with NTFS, proceed further.
    (I don't recommend putting the Plex data folder and media onto the same physical drive - at least when it is still a mechanical drive and not a SSD.)

@rkyleberry said:
    Ihave used FileBot to rename all of the TV series and they worked great prior to this new installation.

You did not tell Filebot that you are using Plex. Filebot did name your files for Kodi.

And not all files either
    E:\TV\About a Boy\About.a.Boy.S02E14.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]\about.a.boy.214.hdtv-lol.mp4

E:\TV\Battlestar Galactica (2003)\BSG-season 4\BSG-s04e02-720p.BluRay.x264.AC3-5.1-PeN.mkv

G:\More TV\Fresh Off the Boat\www.torrenting.com - Fresh.Off.the.Boat.S03E01.XviD-AFG\Fresh Off the Boat - 3x01 - Coming from America.avi

Do this:
    Go to Settings - Server - Agents - Shows - TheTVDB
    In there, grab the line 'Local Media Assets' with your mouse and drag it downwards, so it ends up being at the bottom of the stack of active agents.
    Repeat the same under
    Settings - Server - Agents - Shows - TheMovieDatabase
    +
    Settings - Server - Agents - Movies - Plex Movie
    +
    Settings - Server - Agents - Movies - TheMovieDatabase

Then create a fresh folder for tv shows. e.g. E:\TV_new
    Treat a tv show with filebot, with the proper {plex} renaming pattern

(or you can use my custom pattern, but you need to adapt the target drive letter and folder name:

D:/Series/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Specials' : 'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? 's00e'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang}

)

Put this tv show onto your new folder.
    Create a fresh tv show library and point it to E:\TV_new

See what happens

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Thanks for the response. Apologies, for the late reply.

To confirm, I make those changes in Plex per your recommendation and then I need to change the naming convention of all of my TV Shows in order for Plex to recognize them?

By doing this will it affect the scanning of all my TV shows in Kodi?

I use and prefer Kodi locally, but use Plex when I'm not at home. I don't want to have to have two sets of files with just a different naming convention.

Can I not just get Plex to read the naming conventions that is standard with Kodi/Filebot/TVDB?

Also, I'm quite surprised they have to be renamed since these worked fine for years and just recently disappeared.

Respectfully,

To answer your question about what kind of drive is G:\ it is just an external hard drive connected to my PC.

The app data was stored on my SSD, but it is small and was at capacity so I recently moved it to the G drive.

I changed the App Data back to the original location, but now the scanner doesn't work for movies or tv shows. I don't understand what is going on. As stated this has worked flawlessly for over 5 years. See attached updated logs.

@rkyleberry said:
    To confirm, I make those changes in Plex per your recommendation and then I need to change the naming convention of all of my TV Shows in order for Plex to recognize them?

Yes.

By doing this will it affect the scanning of all my TV shows in Kodi?

No. The Plex notation is the most non-ambiguous.
    Kodi has no problem understanding it.

Can I not just get Plex to read the naming conventions that is standard with Kodi/Filebot/TVDB?

No, that is not possible.

Also, I'm quite surprised they have to be renamed since these worked fine for years and just recently disappeared.

That is a side effect when you work with 'heuristic' algorithms. They can work for quite some time and then suddenly break, just because some (seemingly minor) detail has changed.

@rkyleberry said:
    I changed the App Data back to the original location, but now the scanner doesn't work for movies or tv shows. I don't understand what is going on. As stated this has worked flawlessly for over 5 years. See attached updated logs.

Please change it back.
    If the disk has not enough free space, Plex won't function correctly.

Also, these logs only contain 5-6 lines with no usable information whatsoever. If you strip out 98% percent of all information, diagnosis is impossible.

I didn't strip anything out. I downloaded everything. I have 15.5 GB left on my SSD. I hope that is enough, but I can switch it again, but I don't think that is going to fix anything as it is not working property to begin with.

Made the changes to Filebot to start the renaming, but now it has a ton of errors. When it rains it pours.

Renamed a folder of shows, but didn't fully understand what you meant about inserting my drive letter in there and no clue where those files were sent, because they are gone.

Now, I have my drive letter in there, but I am getting this error attached.

Look closer:
    you stacked two locations.
    The path starts with G:\More TV
    but is then followed by another drive letter C:\Users\kyle\TV Shows...

filebot has a renaming history. You can make it revert all recent renaming actions.
    It's the icon with the ring-binder.

@rkyleberry said:
    I didn't strip anything out. I downloaded everything.

I was referring to the log files you posted.

I looked at it after I sent that and fixed it. My TV Shows are scanning properly now. Hopefully, when they complete the Movies will work again as well. Thanks again for your patience and assistance. I greatly appreciate it.

• tld6008tld6008 Posts: 18Members ✭✭

@tld6008 said:
    I am having serious problems with TV shows and personal videos not showing up a all, my movie folder works fine. I have been through all the file structure requirements and the PLEX dance to no avail. I am attaching a DEBUG file, I think. My OS is Zorin 09

Thanks

The above was my original complaint on July 25th which was solved through properly listing the folders in the library. But it was only partially resolved and I was so exasperated by the experience that I have avoided trying to ask for additional help but I can't stand it any longer.
    I know how to add folders to the library and how to properly list the TV show episodes and know how to do the PLEX dance blindfolded but still have five out of eight TV shows that will not show up. I use ROKU to stream media to the TV and when I view the "TV Shows" library content by folder all the eight folders show up (they won't show up if viewed by Browse All or Unwatched.
    When viewed by folder each one says
    "No content available in this library, Please add content and/or check that "Include in dashboard" is enabled."
    There is content in all folders and the "include in dashboard" box is checked for the TV shows.
    What can be the problem?????