If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is Xbox One app ever gonna get a update?

timmymurden757timmymurden757 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It seems Plex refuses to update this platform while others are constantly getting updates

I just don't understand how the last update was October 2016 or is the next update gonna be for UWP app?

Just love some info from the Plex Developers if possible.

Best Answer

Answers

• br3nn88br3nn88 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Where will they post with any information..

P.S more then happy to be a beta tester, I will inform of any issues I have. Really needing Alexa support

GEEK88 - PLEX PASS Lifetime
    Geek88 Youtube Channel

• StreamerxStreamerx Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • br3nn88br3nn88 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Streamerx Thank mate,

I will bookmark this page, :) I have just posted my work around

Just waiting for native support

GEEK88 - PLEX PASS Lifetime
    Geek88 Youtube Channel

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,984Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@br3nn88 said:

Native support of what? Currently, nothing has been added for 3rd party app developers to change supported codecs.

Typically, this is the exact place that updates are posted:
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/130706/plex-for-xbox-one#latest

• ShinokhiShinokhi Posts: 1Members

i'm already extremely waiting for that too, lets hope for the better.

perfect time to get reacquainted with the great outdoors after spending week after week in the classroom. Kaylee Sye, a sophomore at Augustana College, wants you to channel your inner nature-lover this spring break.
    skidrow games

• jpirottejpirotte Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jmckee said:

@br3nn88 said:

Native support of what? Currently, nothing has been added for 3rd party app developers to change supported codecs.

Typically, this is the exact place that updates are posted:
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/130706/plex-for-xbox-one#latest

If they convert to UWP, more codecs are available. There are other xbox apps that support MPEG2 for example.

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,984Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@jpirotte said:
    If they convert to UWP, more codecs are available. There are other xbox apps that support MPEG2 for example.

As far as I have been told there are no additional codecs available just from switching to UWP. I did double check with the developers so I can get back to you if this information has changed.

MPEG2 is currently available, but during testing the codec only had a 50% chance of working correctly so it was disabled for direct play until the exact cause can be determined. I just did this test recently (Around a week and half ago) and all of the premade sample files I had caused a strange issue at the start of playback where they would skip frames so it looked like a slide show for approximately 10 seconds. The files I manually converted to mpeg2 with ffmpeg were able to play without any issue. I created a ticket for the developers to look at possibly enabling support of the mpeg2 playback, but they will have to determine widespread the frame skipping issue is before they enable the codec for the live version of the app. (The way the app works, this functionality can also be enabled without a bump to app versions so when if it does change it would be almost instant)

• jpirottejpirotte Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the additional info!

That'd be great if it could work since the DVR files are all MPEG2.