Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex won't launch

ThaOGThaOG Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Plex stopped launching... uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue persist. Have also tried launching as administrator, yet Plex will not launch. Also searched the forum and per my understanding, I'm to submit this question and attach logs for analysis. Please help, as I just purchased HDHomeRun and was looking forward to link to Plex DVR and have offline content available.

Plex.7z 533.8K

Answers

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,512 Plex Pass

Plex runs in the background. Default is to start up upon boot. After initial install we need to open a browser to access the Plex web app. Check your system tray (hidden icons) for a Plex Icon.

Opening the Plex Web app

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • ThaOGThaOG Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Thanks.. yet I'm now back to the original issue. Plex is not recognizing the DVR hardware. Settings --> Servers --> DVR (Beta). Which is what lead me to in/reinstall Plex. Since it's not recognizing the hardware, I've tried manually connecting it, trying both: Device Name: HDHR-1055A35B or IP Address: 192.168.0.45. Please advise, thanks!

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,512 Plex Pass

Take a look in the DVR forum.
    https://forums.plex.tv/categories/dvr-live-tv

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"