If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Object container - what determines the view mode of an object container.

psycikpsycik Posts: 398Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For all I can tell I have two calls to make object containers with very similar data (channel name, icon and a description).

One of them defaults to viewing (in web viewer) as the detail view.
The other one defaults to icon view.

What determines this? And how can I force it (to either or).

Plex for IOS, PlexConnect, Roku3 and NextPVR Channel

Plex PMS on AMD A10 for movies and TV, and Plex PMS on AMD A8 with NextPVR custom scanner and Agent

Answers

• czukowskiczukowski Posts: 143Members ✭✭✭

@psycik

From what I've seen at these forums, it's the client decision and in general, you cannot force it. It might be possible to target some specific Plex clients and use some quirks to influence that decision, but that doesn't work universally.

• psycikpsycik Posts: 398Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hmm so I wonder why my two different menu options are viewing so differently.

Plex PMS on AMD A10 for movies and TV, and Plex PMS on AMD A8 with NextPVR custom scanner and Agent

• psycikpsycik Posts: 398Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ahh finally figured it out, it's the title length. I just has the program name, the other one had the channel name + program name.