If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server 1.7.6.4058 - Broke CBS Channel - Logs attached - Help please

Uh OhUh Oh Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unable to play any video content from CBS channel after upgrade to server 1.7.6.4058.

PMP shows

I've rebooted and no change.

Plex logs, and CBS logs attached.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Server: IBM X3200 M3
Processor: Intel Xeon Quad Core X3470 2.93 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Storage: Hot-Swap 4TB, 2TB, 1TB

Best Answer

• Uh OhUh Oh Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

And wouldn't you know it, without doing anything further, CBS channel & Bold and the Beautiful is working again. So, yay for oddities...

Answers

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,713Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

This doesn't seem to be a CBS channel issues. If you look at the log files, you see that something fails at the start of PMS (this part of the log). The required services are not loaded, therefore the channel fails (No matching services found for 'http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/7B1gp4lUWV2DwzKQbtpgK4pg5nm5m6mw/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-7-12-2017/'). To be honest I don't know what or why it fails, but it is not a channel issue.

@sander1

Funny that... ABC channel works just fine. I realize not the same channel, and the backend could be completely different. That's not my area of knowledge. But something is clearly messed up.

Accepted Answer

And wouldn't you know it, without doing anything further, CBS channel & Bold and the Beautiful is working again. So, yay for oddities...