If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Latest Preview update resulting in grey movie bars top and bottom. Anybody experiencing this?

greedy01greedy01 Posts: 23Members ✭✭

Hey guys, I updated to the latest dashboard today and while it's fast and generally a good improvement, Plex has a strange problem now.

The update seems to have introduced a grey base screen which appears between app loads and when restarting the console. This grey screen also effects the movie playback in Plex. Instead of showing inky black screen bars while watching movies they are now grey with a thin black line where the image begins.

I have reported it to MS but I wondered if anyone here or Plex themselves new about this?

Any help appreciated.

Answers

• fbuonofbuono Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here!

• greedy01greedy01 Posts: 23Members ✭✭

It's a big shame I hope they sort it quickly.

• greedy01greedy01 Posts: 23Members ✭✭

Any official Plex Peeps able to comment on this for us?

• BrianGraham91BrianGraham91 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 13

I'm encountering this as well and have submitted a report to MS.

• dachewster99dachewster99 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please fix this. It ruins the whole experience watching with ugly grey bars!

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,365Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There is already some discussion on this here.

A user has noted that this also happens with the Xbox Media Player app (which uses the same underlying player), so chances are this is something that happened due to a change from Microsoft. Make sure you report it as feedback as would be appropriate for the Preview Program.