Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Offline play list disappeared after Plex 4.16 update

pcm011pcm011 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

After Plex 4.16 update, my offline playlist was removed. So I re-snyc my play list again and no luck. It is telling me that I need Plex Pass in order to sync my play list but, I do have one. This problem happened on my idevices regardless of the ios version.

I'm going to restart my ipad to see if it makes a difference and come back later to update.

Comments

• pcm011pcm011 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

So I restarted my iPad with no luck. I noticed the play list does sync but, does not show up in the playlist category. You will need to select Discover to see the playlist.

• remrafremraf Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

My playlists disappeared too. Audio and video. Rebooted my phone and they're still not there.

However, if I go to a song in Music and go to add song to playlist, the playlists do appear there...I was hoping that if I added a song to a playlist it would scare them out of hiding. It did not.

• tarneckitarnecki Members, Plex Pass Posts: 80 Plex Pass
    edited August 10

Same here .... synced music is available OFFLINE when playing one by one but the PLAYLIST item itself is gone.
    I've tried deleting playlist and syncing again but playlist is still not showing.

Playlist is visible under RECENT PLAYLISTS

system: Intel Xeon X5670 2.93GHz (2 processors), 32 GB RAM, 21TB WD RED, Windows Server 2012 R2
    network: 300/20
    local clients: Samsung Smart 3D TV (UE46F6320), Samsung Smart 4K TV (UE49KU6400), Raspberry Pi 2 (RasPlex), Amazon Fire TV.
    remote clients: iPad Air 2, iPad 2017 9.7, Surface Pro 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, Kindle Fire HD.

Oh I'm sorry - mine are not offline playlists. Just regular old playlists....

• huyleenoah@gmail.comhuyleenoah@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I encountered the same issue after upgrading to 4.16. No more local playlist on the iPhone. Tried removing contents, sync contents again, and reinstalled Plex without success of bringing the playlist back.

@pcm011 said:
    So I restarted my iPad with no luck. I noticed the play list does sync but, does not show up in the playlist category. You will need to select Discover to see the playlist.

Let me take back, it does not. Hopefully, the developers can correct the bug because, really annoying which to me making the app a little useless and It's happening across all iOS OS from 9.3.5 to 11 beta 4.

• michaelGregoiremichaelGregoire Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass
    edited August 10

No playlists after 4.16. WTF??? Get it together, Plex.

Update: Turns out that I didn't have the latest version of the media server installed. I wasn't being notified of updates for a while and had to manually update to the latest version and now I do have playlist access on iOS.

I am now home and checked my Media Server. The playlists are there, and I have PMS 1.4.2.3400 which PMS tells me is up to date. Maybe I need to post a new thread, but I think these issues have to be related. Still, I'm not talking offline. These are playlists I made within Plex on the fly and was streaming from the Media Server to my iOS app just fine prior to iOS v 4.16. Now when I go to Playlists, I get a message that says "No Playlists" and then "Hint: Go to the detail screen of any media item and add it to playlist." To recap, if I do that, my previously made playlists do appear as options to add the new item to. But if I navigate to Playlists within the app, they do not appear.

• matthiaswasemmatthiaswasem Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass

Same **** to me. Hope that Plex fix that problem soon. I thought they test there app updates on iOS.

• BigWheelBigWheel Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,763 Plex Employee

Thanks for reporting guys. Will make sure the iOS team is aware

@remraf said:
    I am now home and checked my Media Server. The playlists are there, and I have PMS 1.4.2.3400 which PMS tells me is up to date.

that is super old. What are you running it on?

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files

I'll be darned. MacOS 10.12.6. I click update and it tells me it's up to date. I see 1.8.0. etc its the latest. Thanks for the heads up. And here I thought I was semi diligent on updating the server...

edited August 12

That did the trick for me. I updated the server to latest from the web page, and my playlists have returned to iOS Plex app 4.16.

Thanks BigWheel!

edited August 12

@BigWheel said:
    Thanks for reporting guys. Will make sure the iOS team is aware

@remraf said:
    I am now home and checked my Media Server. The playlists are there, and I have PMS 1.4.2.3400 which PMS tells me is up to date.

that is super old. What are you running it on?

I’m using Windows 10 and PMS 1.8.0.4109 with the latest Plex app update 4.16.

• Fiat124ccFiat124cc Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same Problem.....I am running Version 1.3.4.3285

• peranhaperanha Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue. I am running Version 1.8.0.4109 as my Plex Media Server software, and I am running Version 4.16 of the iOS app. The server is running on a Windows 7 Pro computer. I can download the playlist from the app, or push it from the plex sync setting via chrome on the computer and it will download all the songs in the playlist, but it will not download the playlist itself.

• ticzonticzon Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

Same issue here. I updated to the latest Plex app for iOS, and it killed the Playlist for content stored on two iPhone and two iPads. My other devices that were not upgraded still continue to show content on their Playlist stored on the device. I removing the Sync items and re-sync the items back on to my IOS device, and still the bug continues. This is definitely a bug for the IOS app, and it should not matter regarding the Plex Server version number. My server says it is up to date, running Mac OS X 10.9.5, so I'm running the current supported OS, with current server software.

Just checked my server: v 1.7.x. So I download the latest version off the Plex web site v.1.8.x. Bug is still present with Playlist that are sync with current Plex app for IOS. In the IOS device downloaded sync content, going to the "Browse" view, selecting Playlist Icon only shows "No playlists". even though Discover view does show "Recent Playlists", with my Playlist available to play. Now, I'm sure this is an IOS app bug...not a server bug. My other device, which are running a older version of Plex app for IOS, still continue to show the sync Playlist as before.

• mavickersmavickers Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I am also having the same problem. After upgrading to the latest version of PMS (I only see 1.7.x... where is everybody seeing 1.8???) the items in the playlist sync to the iPhone but not the playlist itself.

You can get the 1.8.0.4 Plex server from the web site in the download page. For some reason 1.7.x is currently still being recognized as "Up to Date" and won't trigger the latest version to be installed. You have to do a manual install.