If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Who's willing to take up re-creating plexconnect for the atv4?

mschlotzmschlotz Posts: 218Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since it's introduction, the plexapp for the atv4 has continually shown buffering issues which still has not been addressed by the Plex devs. Because of this I (and probably others) reverted to the atv3 & plexconnect which does not have these issues and with it's UI that IMO is more refined. We need a guru to take up the challenge to submit and get approved by apple a plexconnect.app. This poll is to judge the level of support there is from the user base to hopefully entice a guru to take up the challenge. Early on there was an initial attempt but it never made it to the app submission stage. Personally, I would be willing to help fund someone to make this happen. How about you?

Who's willing to take up re-creating plexconnect for the atv4? 5 votes

Yes, I want an app that ports plexconnect via a full approved atv4 app.
100%
VlavesmschlotzalmontefRobin  Richterchristensentv 5 votes
No, I'm satisfied with the continued buffering issues in Plex's app.
0%
I've moved on to something else
0%

Comments

• trudgetrudge Posts: 2,293Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

"No, I have no buffering issues"

• umiq88umiq88 Posts: 148Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 10

IMO ATV4 is the best Plex client there is. HDMI-CEC is a must for me and the ATV4 remote is all I need.

Are you wired or wireless?

• mschlotzmschlotz Posts: 218Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Yes, I want an app that ports plexconnect via a full approved atv4 app.

The plexapp is not the best client IMO. Plexconnect beats it hand down in the UI arena. Running wireless with both atv3 & 4. Never an issue with the 3 & plexconnect. Glad to hear someone is NOT having issues opposed to others compiling 13 pages in this thread >https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/202948/bug-plex-app-does-not-buffer-does-not-load-more-than-a-few-megabytes-of-the-video-at-a-time#latest

• trudgetrudge Posts: 2,293Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@umiq88 said:

IMO ATV4 is the best Plex client there is. HDMI-CEC is a must for me and the ATV4 remote is all I need.

Are you wired or wireless?

Both.

I have 2 on the local network, 1 is wired, 1 is wireless.
    I have another 13 remote, again mixed wired/wireless.

By far the most active client on my server.

• FreakNLFreakNL Posts: 158Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I dont like the official app either. For starters, I cant get the subtitles to a mode of my satisfactory..

I use the MrMc app now, which is better imho. But plexconnect on atv4 would rock!