If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Google Home support ?

amtukvamtukv Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi @Orca

Any plans for Google Home integration like Alexa ? I was planning to pick one and if you could give a timeline it would be great. Thanks

PMS 1.3.3.3148 Win10

Samsung Smart Hub client for Plex 2.007 [Samsung 3D Bluray Home Theatre HT-FW5500]

Samsung Smart Hub client for Plex 2.006 [Samsung H6350]

Opera/Plex [Sony Bravia W802A, W650A (2)]

Plex App [Sony Playstation4]

Plex for iOS [iPhone6 / iOS 7.2]

Amazon Firestick

Plex for Android [Samsung Galaxy]

Best Answer

Answers

• jonwarnerjonwarner Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 25

Please offical support for Plex/Google Home. I could set up this third party hack, but I don't like sending all of my info to the third party website as done in the video above.

• amtukvamtukv Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jonwarner said:
    Please offical support for Plex/Google Home. I could set up this third party hack, but I don't like sending all of my info to the third party website as done in the video above.

I agree, official support is the way. Do you know if this has to be implemented in PMS first or is this an App implementation ?

Curious, did this work for you with the Samsung Plex App ?

PMS 1.3.3.3148 Win10

Samsung Smart Hub client for Plex 2.007 [Samsung 3D Bluray Home Theatre HT-FW5500]

Samsung Smart Hub client for Plex 2.006 [Samsung H6350]

Opera/Plex [Sony Bravia W802A, W650A (2)]

Plex App [Sony Playstation4]

Plex for iOS [iPhone6 / iOS 7.2]

Amazon Firestick

Plex for Android [Samsung Galaxy]

• bridjeebridjee Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 Here also. Would be great to see this.

• ubelsteinerubelsteiner Posts: 3Members

Yes, please! I would love it if we could just say "play the next episode of Star Trek" or whatever movie. I like my Harmony remote and its very limited Home integration, but to be able to do everything in Plex via voice and never touch a remote would be great