If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

After recent build update - Agent Matching has a bug that affects Movies and TV metadata gathering.

davodddavodd Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's apparently affecting a lot of people with Plex installed on Windows machines.

The Bug: Matching - which worked before is no longer working. Its as if the agent is no longer connecting.

Movies: No metadata gathering at all. Matching does not connect to any agent match for movies, regardless of file naming structure. It won't even pull the data out of an M4V or MP4 file and I know is in there.

TV shows, it is getting ONLY the poster and the episode titles - no other metadata.

What does not fix the problem:

• Plex Dance: useless. It has no effect. I even did the Plex dance on the whole Movies sub directory. Now, movies that previously had meta data on Plex now have nothing.
  • I religiously use FileBot with {plex} foprmatting on all TV and Movie files. Still, changing the name and subfolder structure of media files has zero effect in regard to agent match . "No matches were found using this agent." is the only result ever given.
  • Manual matching with (even using the IMDB or TMDB shortcodes) always returns "No matches found" - no matter what data is entered in the manual search data windows.
  • Agent contribution list check/uncheck or preference order has no effect.
  • Optimizing the DB - no effect

The fact that I get partial results on TV shows tells me is likely not a connectivity or permissions issue on the user end.
The fact that this problem - at least for me - only started after a recent update makes me think it's a software bug either introduced in the code or caused by a faulty file overwrite in the installation of the latest Plex update.

Best Answer

Answers

• davodddavodd Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is a TV file that is correct:

This is how new TV shows appear:

How movies appear:

A shot of the metadata within my m4V file:

Agent settings:

Matching:
    Note - lack of "fix Match" option as no matching has happened.

Auto Match Attempt: (regardless of option)

Manual Match Attempt: (regardless of using title or shortcodes)

Always returns this result:

• BeastCatBeastCat Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had the same issue and I found on another thread a suggestion to disable IPV6. Worked for me.