If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa music playback to tv

madisrmadisr Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Hello!

I know that alexa can´t playback music right now, but Is it possible to play music to my TV, like I can play movies with plex right now?
Im using kodi+plex right now and I can control movies playback with alexa, but It won´t play music the same way. The plex player is set and alexa also tells me that the music is playing, but I don´t hear any music.

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 907Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

I use that feature and it works for me.
    I can say "Echo ask Plex to play the Chainsmokers" and my client plays music.

Can you play music on your client without using alexa to ask it to play it for you?

• madisrmadisr Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Yes, when I use my remote then It´s works fine.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 907Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Do you have a different client to test with with instead of the plex kodi client?
    Maybe this is an issue with that specific client.

@nokdim said:
    Do you have a different client to test with with instead of the plex kodi client?
    Maybe this is an issue with that specific client.

Then how can I watch movies with the same client? The problem is only with my plex music, It wont play in my tv :S

I find one problem more, alexa works only with a remote server that my freind shared with me. When I order alexa to play in my server to play a movie or music, It doesn´t work. Alexa says that It plays the content but nothing happens. Must I configure something more In my server?