Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex App (3.1.0) not working on Samsung TV (UA32M5500AWXXY)

I noticed that last night that Plex doesn't seem to be working anymore on my Samsung TV (UA32M5500AWXXY). It was working a couple of days ago .... I can't be sure exactly when .... but now it just get's a PLAYER_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED error.

I've tried many things to get it working again. I've tried:

• Uninstalling the app, turning off the TV and reinstalling .... no luck
  • Resetting the Smart Hub ... no luck
  • Resetting the entire TV ... no luck
  • Changing the server settings to ignore authorisation for all IPs on the network ... no luck
  • More settings in the app I care to mention ... no luck

I did notice that the timestamp on the last app update was 2017/09/02, which was a few days ago ... and that's pretty much all that's changed. Plex works fine on my PC, on my console, on my phone, on my Android TV in the lounge room. It's only this Samsung TV that's the problem.

Is there any way to install the previous version of the client to test if that's the problem?

HELP!!!! Please.

Answers

• sidekicksidekick Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem with Samsung UE55MU6179.

I tried many things, but nothing worked. :-(
    Help would be great

• lichbanelichbane Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well .... oddly I traced the problem to my router (Fritz!Box 3940). It seems to get itself in a mess, I power cycle the router and it's all working again. It is annoying as Ive has this happen twice in 3 days now. It only seems to affect the Samsung TV.

• Boron78Boron78 Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@lichbane said:
    Well .... oddly I traced the problem to my router (Fritz!Box 3940). It seems to get itself in a mess, I power cycle the router and it's all working again. It is annoying as Ive has this happen twice in 3 days now. It only seems to affect the Samsung TV.

I have the same problem. Which software version are you running on your FritzBox? Mine is 6.50 (6490 Cable).