If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DVR functionality

mdubashmdubash Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

I've installed a Sat>IP device on my network - Telestar Digibit R1. I've configured PMS as a DVR, but attempts to actually use it result in continuous crashes. Sometimes not doing anything, just leaving the web interface open makes it crash. Is this device simply not compatible? Thanks.

Logs are available.

Best Answer

• mdubashmdubash Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

OK, this resolved - temporarily. The problem seemed to be that Firefox was blocking something: I had to disable the 'Block dangerous and deceptive content' option - which frankly, I'm not too pleased about - and now it works. However, I would like to know why FF thinks this data exchange is problematic, and if anything can be done about it.

Answers

• mdubashmdubash Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

OK, this resolved - temporarily. The problem seemed to be that Firefox was blocking something: I had to disable the 'Block dangerous and deceptive content' option - which frankly, I'm not too pleased about - and now it works. However, I would like to know why FF thinks this data exchange is problematic, and if anything can be done about it.