If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PMS in jaill created folder for camera upload. how can I change the permissions

HS33-PLEXHS33-PLEX Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

The camera upload optie created a folder in the PMS jail. Now I want to change the permissions of that folder. It only has special permissions foor two Unix users that I guess Plex has created.

Any idea's ?

Tagged:

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 678Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Did you follow this guide?

Basically your just have to ensure that the user owning the files on your dataset has the same uid/gid that the user used in your jail to run the processes.

I think that is what you are talking about...

• HS33-PLEXHS33-PLEX Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No, alas. I didn't follow a guide during setup of the foto upload by Plex. But that's because it was done on my android phone in the app. It didn't say that it was going to create an extra folder inside it's own jail.

I actually should have thought about this earlier, because Plex has no write permissions anywhere on my systems, except for the location of it's plugin jail.

But sadly I don't have any permission inside the jail, so I can't change it, without knowing the exact usernames and passwords, used by Plex internally.

So the user on the dataset, is the same user inside the jail, i.c. Plex.

• HS33-PLEXHS33-PLEX Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just asked the question on the FreeNas forum. still waiting for a reply.