If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playlists and sync issues. PLEASE HELP

JaisharpJaisharp Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the newest version of plex for my iphone (4.17) and I have the latest server Version 1.4.2.3400. I am having issues with playlists, I have made playlists for my favourite videos and music shows and I use to be able to sync sync them to my iphone; since the new update I cannot view any of my playlists from my ipad or iphone (still works on my mac and apple tv). When I click on playlists on any of my ios devices it just says no playlists. What has happened and where did my playlists go? this is how I listen to all my music.

I had the same issue with 4.15 in August and when I was troubleshooting that I deleted and re-installed my app, which resulted in me loosing everything and not being able to sync anything. I'm not doing that this time but now I just get an error. Super frustrating I have also tried most of the troubleshoot steps provided in the last thread of this with no luck. I also have a Galaxy tab and the app works fine as does the play lists. Please someone help I want my music back :(

I have attached screen shots of my server and iOS.

Best Answers

• JaisharpJaisharp Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@xlucero1 said:
    I am on the latest update Version 1.9.1.4272
    I also cannot 'Import Playlist from Itunes" anymore either, about 2 updates ago it prevented me.
    I hope this can be addressed on the next update; as music playlists are just as important :neutral:
    ( @Jaisharp not why it shows your server version so old, might wanna get that looked at on another thread. lol )

@OttoKerner Yes, this is the server version., But it is hopelessly outdated.

Response :)

So I have updated to the latest server version as you can see below. It was pretty easy I just went to https://www.plex.tv/downloads/ and re-downloaded the media server software. Copied it over the old version and restarted the computer. Auto updates are still enabled so that should be good and now I'm going to start testing the playlist issue again. I'll keep you all posted thanks so much for all your help so far :)

Answers

• beckfieldbeckfield Posts: 4,000Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have an Android phone, and I don't use it much, so I may not be much help here, but one thing is making me wonder...

When I installed the Plex app on my Android phone, it created a server on the phone, as well as a client. I'm wondering if the iPhone app does the same thing, and if your Plex app is actually looking for playlists on the iPhone, rather than the IMac server. What is 'TELUS?' By any chance is that the name of the phone?

@beckfield said:
    What is 'TELUS?' By any chance is that the name of the phone?

TELUS is a Canadian telecommunications company and my phone provider :)

@OttoKerner said:

@Jaisharp said:
    I have the latest server Version 1.4.2.3400.

Could you verify this again? version 1.4.2 of the server is not even supported anymore.

Click on 'Back' and verify the 'location' shows you are on your real server and not in your local phone.

>

Hello @OttoKerner I'm not to sure about the server version so I have taken a screen shot and attached where I got the number from. Server Tab > General Settings

@beckfield said:
    What is 'TELUS?' By any chance is that the name of the phone?

That may be the name of his mobile provider.

• timinskitiminski Posts: 31Members ✭✭

Hello,

I can confirm that the iOS playlist sync is currently dysfunctional. I have installed Plex servers (Linux) and apps (Windows, iOS, Android) for several people without issue. Now one of these Plex Pass users can no longer sync her playlists to her iOS device (iPhone).

I have confirmed the server and the iOS device are on the same LAN. I am able to (easily) sync a playlist to an Android device but cannot sync to the iPhone despite much troubleshooting, including reinstalling the app onto her phone.

The server version is 1.4.2.3400. The iOS app is the latest available on the AppStore as of this writing (Sept 22, 2017)

Fun one. Spent all evening troubleshooting it.....

• xlucero1xlucero1 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also cannot 'Import Playlist from Itunes" anymore either, about 2 updates ago it prevented me.
    I hope this can be addressed on the next update; as music playlists are just as important :neutral:
    ( @Jaisharp not why it shows your server version so old, might wanna get that looked at on another thread. lol )

• timinskitiminski Posts: 31Members ✭✭

.....updated her Plex Media Server to latest available via plex.tv (1.9.1.4272). Will advise this forum re iOS playlist sync upon next troubleshooting attempt.

• xlucero1xlucero1 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also reference the import playlist from Itunes option missing from 1.9 update. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1521106#Comment_1521106
    not sure if the two are related.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,359Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@Jaisharp said:
    Hello @OttoKerner I'm not to sure about the server version so I have taken a screen shot and attached where I got the number from. Server Tab > General Settings

Yes, this is the server version.

But it is hopelessly outdated.
    see https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/268072/plex-media-server-1-5-1-and-plex-media-player-1-2-4-or-newer-are-mandatory-updates

I can only assume that the automatic update is somehow blocked or malfunctioning on your system.
    It should have alerted you long ago about server software updates.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
    Accepted Answer

@xlucero1 said:

@OttoKerner Yes, this is the server version., But it is hopelessly outdated.

Response :)

So I have updated to the latest server version as you can see below. It was pretty easy I just went to https://www.plex.tv/downloads/ and re-downloaded the media server software. Copied it over the old version and restarted the computer. Auto updates are still enabled so that should be good and now I'm going to start testing the playlist issue again. I'll keep you all posted thanks so much for all your help so far :)

It looks like the server update has fixed the issue as my playlist's have returned :) Thank you everyone for the help!

• tiger220879tiger220879 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Any idea on how to sync playlists from my media server (version 1.9.2.4285) to my iPhone (Plex app version 4.18). I can see the sync button for an indivdual song, but not for a playlist.

Thanks,

Ramses

• johnm_ColaSCjohnm_ColaSC Posts: 1,709Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

From iOS Plex app. Click on Playlists, Click on the playlist you want to sync. Click the down arrow on right.

Primary Plex Media Server
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i5-3570K, 32GB RAM
    Post Processing with MCEBuddy 2.4.7 & Comskip 0.81.093
    Test Servers: MacBook Pro, Nvidia Shield TV (16GB), Windows Laptop, Ubuntu VM
    HDHR Connect (2), HDHR Dual, HDHR Extend, HDHR Prime
    Clients - Windows, iOS, Roku, Samsung TV, Fire TV, Nvidia Shield