If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

FreeNAS Plex performance issues

djdwosk97djdwosk97 Posts: 20Members ✭✭
edited September 21 in FreeBSD

I'm running Plex version 1.7.4.4017 (I know, it's old) on my FreeNAS server and I have a problem where if I pause a show for a long enough period of time, then if I try to play it it will play for a minute or two and then begin to buffer indefinitely. If I leave the video and click back into it and choose "play from time xx:xx", then it will also just buffer indefinitely. The only way to get the video to play is to start it from the beginning. Also, if I let it auto-play, after two or three episodes I run into the same buffering problem and have to quit and play the next episode from the beginning. And if I try to skip ahead in a video, then it will also buffer indefinitely. I never used to have this issue, but I do now and I'm not sure what's causing it. I plan on updating when I get a chance, but I'm not able to access the server easily at the moment and so I'm not willing to update it until I can have access.

Server specs:
FreeNAS 9.3
1230v2
32gb ram

P.s. when I say buffer indefinitely, I don't mean it will play for a second and then pause to buffer and then play again. It will just sit paused and buffer forever but never actually be able to play.